Watcha cookin'?

bthomas

swampdog

Damn that looks good! I'm hungry now!!!
I've been wondering how the big green eggs do... its way past time for a new grill or smoker for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hands down my favorite purchase I have ever made, and that's including the jeep. I have been cooking on it a few times a week for 2 years now and have only messed up one meal, and it was my fault. A good wireless thermometer and a BGE is a tough combination to beat.

bthomas

Hands down my favorite purchase I have ever made, and that's including the jeep. I have been cooking on it a few times a week for 2 years now and have only messed up one meal, and it was my fault. A good wireless thermometer and a BGE is a tough combination to beat.

Thanks! Good to know. I've been looking at pellet smokers too, although they look pretty convenient, they don't seem as versatile as an egg, or even a traditional kettle.

Billy

swampdog

Thanks! Good to know. I've been looking at pellet smokers too, although they look pretty convenient, they don't seem as versatile as an egg, or even a traditional kettle.

Billy

My in-laws have a traeger (spelling?) pellet smoker and for long smokes it's awesome. But, you can't really use it like a grill and for high heat cooks (pizza, steaks, etc.).

swampdog

I use my traeger to grill all the time. It gets to the exact same temp as my Weber.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hmmmm, my inlaw's has some pretty sizable venting on the back that I would think would keep it from getting to that 650-750 sear / pizza sweet spot. I've never used it for a high temp cook so I stand corrected.

Regardless, I love their traegar for smoking, it's damn near foolproof.

bthomas

I use my traeger to grill all the time. It gets to the exact same temp as my Weber.

Hmmmm, my inlaw's has some pretty sizable venting on the back that I would think would keep it from getting to that 650-750 sear / pizza sweet spot. I've never used it for a high temp cook so I stand corrected.

Yup, that's where my hang up has been, I didn't think you could get a pellet smoker/grille that hot. Good to know that it's possible.

Thanks for the input guys!

MTG

Caught the Bug

Whoa! I don't think it gets that hot. I think more around 450 on high. Sears meat just fine IMHO.

It is pretty idiot proof though...which is why I like it. ;)

Yup, that's where my hang up has been, I didn't think you could get a pellet smoker/grille that hot. Good to know that it's possible.

Thanks for the input guys!

Top Bottom