Watcha cookin'?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ribs with homemade Bour-BQ sauce, broccoli sautéed in garlic and olive oil, garlic and olive oil sautéed homegrown tomatoes, artichokes dipped in butter, and a nice cab. So good...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443407589.866891.jpg

Clem319

You make it too easy. I won't even comment.

What??? I don't get it. They are just sausage shaped cucumbers being fermented in a vinegar base with little white garlic balls.

I'm coming to San Diego this weekend to watch the Steelers beat down the Chargers. I'll gladly bring you a pickle.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What??? I don't get it. They are just sausage shaped cucumbers being fermented in a vinegar base with little white garlic balls.

I'm coming to San Diego this weekend to watch the Steelers beat down the Chargers. I'll gladly bring you a pickle.

I hope you take some Kleenex and lots of booze because the steelers are going to lose. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I give zero fucks about foosball. If I was in town I would take a pickle.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lots of cooking today...

Started off with a typical breakfast for us on the weekend.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444616751.582378.jpg
Sweet potato, onion, mushroom, chorizo hash, fried eggs, and the kids got mushroom, spinach, onion scrambled eggs, all served with homemade bone broth.

Lunch consisted on about 24 chicken legs grilled on the BBQ with a nice salad and some Chardonnay. The extra will be used for lunches this week.

Dinner was Elk roast...I rubbed the roast with some dry rub and let it sit most of the day, after it was on the BBQ for a while I decided it was going to take too long and didn't want to overcook it, so ended up butterflying it, quickly searing it and letting it finish cooking with some butter melting on top.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444616968.591937.jpg

Paired it with a Cabernet, garlic sautéed tomatoes, spinach salad and called it delicious.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444616995.708892.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Nicely done. I was telling my wife and kids about that hash the other day. I need to take a stab at it.

That Elk look phenomenal!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nicely done. I was telling my wife and kids about that hash the other day. I need to take a stab at it.

That Elk look phenomenal!!

Super easy Jason and worth the wait.

2 sweet med potatoes or yams chopped
Baby portobella mushrooms chopped
One onion sliced
Garlic minced (we do ours ahead of time and freeze it)
1lb pork chorizo (we buy ours from whole foods as it seems to be a better quality than some of the stuff we've seen. Though we are looking into making our own)
Coconut oil
Salt and pepper.

Cook the garlic, potatoes, onions and mushrooms in coconut oil in a large skillet. I typically cover it to make it cook faster. In the mean time cook the chorizo in another pan. Once the chorizo is cooked and the potatoes are soft combine into one pan and let simmer so the chorizo flavoring gets absorbed. Fry up some eggs and serve over the top.

This is what you end up with...eventually. ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444619910.172118.jpg

Top Bottom