EVO Sliders

Thunder

I've been looking at getting EVO Sliders for a while.
But I don't think I noticed the new look before now.

Previous
p-3534-EVO-1048-4D.jpg

New
protezioni-sottoporta-evo-rock-sliders-jk-unlimited-4porte.jpg

uberc4

I have the Gen 2 sliders. I was hesitant since I loved the look of the Gen 1s, but I have grown to really like the Gen 2s! Yes, they are strong and even offer a nice step.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
IMG_5573.jpg
I have the low angle sliders 1st gen and love them. Kids and wife both use them as a step to get in.

Jkjon

Was looking at getting a set has anyone had any problems with rusty water coming out of the ends or do you just shoot paint in there? Thanks

boardsurfer

Was looking at getting a set has anyone had any problems with rusty water coming out of the ends or do you just shoot paint in there? Thanks
I had this discussion with Tim at Trail Jeeps a while back. He used spray paint and wasn't able to really cover all the steel inside and ended up with some rust. He recommended I go with powder coating to make sure it sealed up well.

I was hesitant since it's a piece that's going to get beat up and doesn't make much sense to spend money on it that way but I went with his recommendation in the end. He might be a good salesman. ;-)

WJCO

Meme King
Mine aren't EVO but when I cut the ends off to fit larger tires, it left them open. They're 3/16" thick. Any water that gets in, comes out. But I got to thinking about it, it would take a long time for rust to compromise steel that thick. I have rusty scrap steel on the outside of my house that has been there for years and still functions when I need to build with it. So for me, I don't worry about the sliders and just touch them up when i notice surface rust.

JeepJeep75

I have the gen 2 design EVO sliders on my jeep. I've had them on since about May of this year. I had the exact same question about water getting in, then rusty water coming out. Yes, it does happen. I've noticed faint rusty streaks where water has dribbled out of them. It wipes right of the slider paint but does leave rusty drip marks on the driveway. I'm not worried about the insides getting rusty but it does in fact rust inside and short of filling the inside with foam (which someone on here did with less than great results) or something, water is gonna get inside the logo box area.

Breer

Caught the Bug
I used this stuff on the inside of the boxed sections of my frame when building my CJ. Not sure how much good it did in the old metal I could blast but would expect good results on fresh bare metal like new sliders. It's held up well where I can see it on my frame anyways.. IMG_1473.JPG

Top Bottom