What does Jeep mean to you

Adamw1212

So my whole family works at the jeep plant in Toledo so I've always been around a jeep my whole life and I've owned 2 jeeps now and am now an owner of a 2016 jku. So me and my girlfriend got on the topic today about my obsession with jeeps and jeep parts. She said she doesn't understand how it's that great or how I can always be looking at stuff. After I told her about why I am so into this lifestyle she just gave me a blank stare so I'm writing this to get everyone else's input. What does jeep mean to you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WillyJKU14

It means the world to me and my whole family! It takes my family and I on adventures almost every weekend. We go places most people will never see. We love our jeep!

WJCO

Meme King
.....So me and my girlfriend got on the topic today about my obsession with jeeps and jeep parts. She said she doesn't understand how it's that great or how I can always be looking at stuff. After I told her about why I am so into this lifestyle she just gave me a blank stare so I'm writing this to get everyone else's input. What does jeep mean to you?

Wait until she has her own Jeep. All of that ^ will change.

Or ask her the same question about her shoe collection, then just stare at her.

Clowe

It means the world to me and my whole family! It takes my family and I on adventures almost every weekend. We go places most people will never see. We love our jeep!

I totally agree! I take my boys out and play in the woods/dirt/mud. Like I did when I was a boy growing up. I have only had my Jeep for a few months now and have made a lot of memories. I am really excited to show them how to work and fix your own vehicle when they get older. OP good thread topic.

daddyusmaximus

A jeep gives you freedom of travel.

A small, nimble off road vehicle with 4 wheel drive can take you anywhere on the road that a mini van can, and everywhere off road they can't.

People with convertibles drop the top on nice days... I can run without doors, a top, and my windshield folded down. Next best thing to being on a bike.

Memories of a young PFC driving a Jeep on a patrol of the West German / Czech border looking out for advanced scouts of the commie horde as they roll across Europe.

The feeling of traveling off road on some deserted trail through the woods is like being an explorer going where most people can't go, or a settler heading out west in uncharted territory.

In a word... Freedom.

10abadilla/jk

Jeep has always brought me and my family closer. From when I was a kid with my dad going camping in remote locations only a jeep can get to. To now taking my wife a daughter out and away from society and all these electronics to these amazing and beautiful locations. Jeep to me means brining my family together to spend time with a more focused and clear view on what family really is.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

My jeep makes me happy EVERY time I drive it. If I'm driving across town or just to 7-11 to get milk, I'm happy and usually have a grin on my face. Then, when I get to shift the fun-stick (transfer case shifter you dirty-minded pervs!) it's a whole other level. Going off-road, we just feel so at home and comfortable. Even when we are exploring a place we've never been, it feels like we are right where we belong, on an adventure. [emoji3][emoji106]

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
JEEP ...
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Jeep to me means the freedom to explore where ever you want to go when ever you want to do it and no optical is to hard for you to tackle. It's also a good feeling driving around just enjoying life nature and the wind in your hair. Also with the freedom to remove the top. It's a never ending project. And one of the most customizable vehicles on the road today. It's unique and tough. But what makes a jeep a Jeep is the community of people that drive them like the community here on Wayalife. There are so many awesome people in the jeep community and the first time you meet on a trail you feel like you've been friends for a long time. Like the jeep wave when you wave at another jeep it's like your friends but you've never meet and it's because of the connection that we all jeep lovers have.

Last edited:

tanmanjk

Jeep is the link that binds us together. It takes people from different walks of life and allows us to find something in common like the want to see the unknown.
Realistically, in America there is little that hasn't been seen, but Jeep is the thing that can push us further into wandering.
I'm on my third Jeep now, a jk, starting with a YJ and then a tj, I hope to finish my journey by building a cj. To me Jeep is simply, freedom and tradition.

love2wheel

Well, you guys said it. Freedom. Fun, forging bonds with like minded Enthusiasts. Which doesn't happen much around my area. Learning about the history of our country and our local area is great. Getting to them in the jeep and seeing it in person is exceptional. Jeep brings something out of me that, in this day and age is suppressed by busy lives and raising kids. The need to fuel our curiosity and getting in touch with what I honestly believe life should be about. Seeing our planet in its natural state. Things that most people don't seem to care about anymore. Sharing this with family and friends it extremely rewarding and creates a lifetime of memories. It's fun crawling rocks and riding trails, but being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by the best our planet has to offer is what it's really about for me. It calms me and puts life into perspective. My two cents.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

MF_JK

It's an never ending project that the more you realize your not close to finishing it the more you enjoy it. It's a vehicle like no other in the market, you can't compare it !!

bthomas

American, Freedom, Family, Fun, Exploration. The ability to go pretty much anywhere I want. To see the places and history that most don't or won't ever get to see and sharing that with my family, passing down a love of the outdoors, wheelin, and camping to my kids. Being able to be instant friends with a perfect stranger.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Breer

Caught the Bug
Jeeps are a common interest amongst my family who are stretched out around the southeast. It keeps us in touch and connected. We all build them up differently and use them for different purposes but it's a glue binds us together in a way.

Rocksalt

American, Freedom, Family, Fun, Exploration. The ability to go pretty much anywhere I want. To see the places and history that most don't or won't ever get to see and sharing that with my family, passing down a love of the outdoors, wheelin, and camping to my kids. Being able to be instant friends with a perfect stranger.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

this

Top Bottom