Moving Jeep Tj Tub

Bmann412

I am in the middle of a frame and engine swap in my 1998 Jeep Tj. I managed to get the tub off of the old frame using a cherry picker and several people. The problem i have run in to now is getting it back up on the new frame. I am unable to get a bunch of people over any time soon. Its just me and my dad. We tried using the cherry picker again with the other steadying the body. But the boom on the cherry picker is too short to reach the middle of the tub and we dont have enough people to make up for the poor placement of the lift. Looking for any ideas on how to lift the tub up with limited man power.

20161120_181703.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Do you have another vehicle with a winch? Maybe you could properly secure a snatch block on the ceiling somehow and winch it up :idontknow:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Can you do it from the side, should have enough clearance that way. Might meed to pull the wheels and put it on jack stands for better access.

Bmann412

Right now the frame is on Jack stands as low as i can get it. The way i have been attempting to lift the tub is from the passenger side door with the chains attached to the seat mount holes and lower roll bar bracket. The main problem with this is the boom on the crane is too short to reach the middle of the tub so the driver side of the tub doesn't lift as high as the passenger side

Sent from my SM-G925V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The main problem with this is the boom on the crane is too short to reach the middle of the tub so the driver side of the tub doesn't lift as high as the passenger side

Do you have a rolling transmission jack around the shop? Could you somehow put that on the driver's side to help roll it around along with the crane. I know you'll have to get creative to set it up inside the frame ahead of time. Just wondering if you have some kind of rolling jack or jack stand that you could use to help lift up that driver's side.

Top Bottom