Totalled car: take the check or buy it back?

Modit

I'd walk away from it too. Newer cars are never right again after a good lick.

Btw, the value of that check is negotiable. Remember, insurance companies are in the business of paying out as little money as they can get away with. Their dirty little secret is that you don't have to accept the first offer.
It would be worth doing some research on the value of the Santa Fe in your area. If they are giving you a fair deal then take it. If it's not a fair deal then tell them so.
I had this happen to me and was one step away from filing a complaint with the state insurance board when we came to an agreement on the value.

GraniteCrystal

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We've decided to take the cash and walk away from the car. Going to try and be a one car family and see how that goes for a while before buying something new. Though my wife took a pic of this guy a few blocks from us for sale 🙄
download_20161208_133545.jpg

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Nick Zambo

There is a reason the insurance company wrote it off. That is the first estimate. There will be additional add ons to that bill once the collision shop starts to tear it down. I worked in a collision shop for 10 years when I was younger and leaned first hand about these things.

Your best bet is to walk away. Trust me.

Besides there will always be that mental thing that you will tell you the car will never drive correctly again. I lived that nightmare, when one of my mustangs took a nice front/passenger impact.

Let it go. Go on take the money and run.

But in the end it's up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom