The Building of the Banana Jeep

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Best friggin jeep color EVER! (my TJ is the same color) Your jeep is coming along nicely. You got lucky finding an '05 with low miles. I have an '04 Rubicon I bought in 2014 with 87K. Good luck and keep the pics coming along as you progress.:rock:

Thank you! To be completely honest, when I first bought it I wasn't thrilled with the color. But, after naming it and embracing the color, I really love it. It's unique and something out of the norm. Jealous of your Rubi...would love to find a nice, clean, low mileage and unmolested TJ Rubicon for a decent price.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Sliders are on. Super easy install. Although drilling holes in the frame is a little stressful for me still :rolleyes2:

Next up is the engine skid from Skidrow offroad. This thing is BEEFY! Should take some abuse. Will post pics later...

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Sliders are on. Whew. Drilling holes in the frame is something I don't want to have to do again for awhile :)

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8352.JPG

Also ordered a GEAR tailgate organizer and an American Outlaw tailgate stopper. I recall one time camping, I parked on a little incline and while cooking dinner the tailgate kept hitting me in the back. That got old. Problem... fixed!

IMG_8355.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Skidrow engine skid is on. That was a pain because my center skid is somewhat bent on the edge which through the engine skid an inch higher than what it was supposed to be. After a few hours of trying different techniques, I finally was able to pull it down enough and slip the bolt in. Now it is solid.

IMG_8397.JPG

IMG_8401.JPG

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Bought a hardtop for the Jeep to make camping trips a little easier and more comfortable to travel.

IMG_8468.JPG

Also finished installing my ARB compressor I've had for months.

IMG_8470.JPG

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Broke my CB antenna on the garage and bought a new FireFly. Before I could tune it, I broke that one too :crazyeyes:

So I bought a new 2' antenna yesterday and my SWR was AWFUL. Turns out, I blew up my CB radio :rolleyes2:

So, I ordered a Cobra 29 LX and a 2' FireStik this morning. Should be here later this week or this weekend...

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Took my mall crawler out to play this weekend...

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Looks like you had fun!

Great pics. :thumb:

Nice pics! Looks like fun!

Looks like a blast man!

Thanks, yes... a ton of fun. Kind of an impromptu run, but still had a blast.

That winch shot is a great pic! I started packing this afternoon for an off-road trip this weekend can't wait!

Thanks! Got a few of those, had to pull cable a few times [emoji849] haha

Looking good. Well have to hook up some day and go do Tuttle. Wave from West "O"

Nice! For sure, heading back down this weekend on Sunday and the spending the weekend of April 8th down there.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Had another great weekend camping with friends and wheeling. Will have to post pics later...

Also ordered SOLID front/rear diff covers, new yellow d-rings (there's the mall crawler in me), and the ARB tire repair kit. All good stuff to have. Also ordered lube lockers for the front and rear axles. That way if I have to crack open the diff again on the trails, I don't have to worry about creating a seal with RTV lol

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Although the axle is in the way, I'm always paranoid of a stick or a rock finding it's way into the bottom of my radiator. Just ordered the Skidrow offroad radiator guard to fix that problem :yup:

Also ordered some Quadratec seat covers, in yellow of course. I've been tossing around the idea of buying new seats but think I'm going to hold off awhile longer. The "Diver Down" seat covers from Quadratec are on sale for $170 in any color, and comes with the front two and rear seat covers.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Ordered MetalCloak highline front fenders, and Fishbone 4x4 rear tube fenders. Can't wait for it all to come in...

Top Bottom