Im thinking about getting a M1101 trailer

Gross-JK

I have a 2010 JK Unlimited with 3.6L gas engine, 4" lift and 37" tires. I would like to get a trailer for the family camping trips and I think I found a good one. Its a M1101 with pintle hook hitch, 37" tires, an added roof top tent and tool box. The dry weight is 1460lbs. I am trying to see if the trailer is too much to tow. Have any of you had any experience with a trailer like this or an expedition trailer? I will be going to check it out and possibly take it home this Saturday (12/10/16) and if any of you are going to the sub-N-suds tonight in Fullerton I will be there, but not in the Jeep. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks.

tdougherty81

I have a 2010 JK Unlimited with 3.6L gas engine, 4" lift and 37" tires. I would like to get a trailer for the family camping trips and I think I found a good one. Its a M1101 with pintle hook hitch, 37" tires, an added roof top tent and tool box. The dry weight is 1460lbs. I am trying to see if the trailer is too much to tow. Have any of you had any experience with a trailer like this or an expedition trailer? I will be going to check it out and possibly take it home this Saturday (12/10/16) and if any of you are going to the sub-N-suds tonight in Fullerton I will be there, but not in the Jeep. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks.

I had a M105A3 which was very similar in size, shape and weight. It had 37s on HMMWV beadlocks. I used it on few camping trips and utility purposes. I liked having the trailer but it was pretty heavy. I did lighten it up by ditching the surge brake system and spare but it was still heavy. I ended up selling it and started to build a smaller and lighter trailer.

Jackal01

Thanks.

Did you do a motor swap?

Journeyman

What jackal said [emoji848]
The 101 was made to pair with the H1 I believe. It's going to a monster behind your jk. I use an m-416 replica behind my jku for expo off the grid camping adventures and it's perfect! A 101 width would be a bitch to deal with on any sort of trail.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

I think technically the rated towing capacity is 2500 or 3500 lbs depending on how your Jeep came configured from the factory. Should make much if any difference since the engine and transmission don't change. Only reason I mention this is because no matter what mods you make to your vehicle should you be involved is a serious accident while towing something above what your vehicle was rated at from the factory there could be some serious repercussions.

IMO those trailers are just too heavy but the price is usually right.

Desert Crawler

IMG_0581.JPG
This is my M1101. They are the width of a hummer so a little wide for technical trails. No problem for fire roads and such. I plan on building it into my base camp trailer for camping with lights, running water, etc. It is a double wall aluminum tub with cromollly frame and axle with a lot of nice built in features.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom