75 cj5

Helipilot2

Progress has been held up due to my buddy and his new business, it has been way busier than he expected and won't have time to finish the build. I unfortunately do not have the tools and know how to finish it so it goes to a shop this week and will be done in 3-4 weeks and driveable!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Progress has been held up due to my buddy and his new business, it has been way busier than he expected and won't have time to finish the build. I unfortunately do not have the tools and know how to finish it so it goes to a shop this week and will be done in 3-4 weeks and driveable!

Bummer that things have gotten held up for you but congrats to your buddy and his new business.

WJCO

Meme King

Glad you at least attempted it yourself. I'm sure you learned lots in the process regardless.

Helipilot2

I learned a ton during the axle rebuild portion. Progress continues, this is set at 105". After thinking it over, I'm going to go 110"...the belly sits at 23" which is where it will stay. IMG_0928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Helipilot2

108" looks to be the sweet spot, just waiting on brackets for the links and everything will start getting attached. Ordered some PRP seats and will also be doing an entire new cage in the process which will include seat relocations to allow for sliders and more leg room.
IMG_0930.jpg

Helipilot2

Holy moly that cage! Looks like it weighs 1000 pounds! :rock:

Haha yea, a lot of it is foam padding from back in the day, not really tied into anything either so kind useless imo. New cage will be DOM and tied to the frame so it can actually take a roll or 2, going to be testing the cage out to make sure it works :brows:

Helipilot2

Progress continues, waiting on PSC kit and trac bar mounts, should be done and driveable in the next week. Then the cage will start, doing compete new cage tied to the frame, cross bar under the hood to protect the radiator and mount the shocks. Ended up going Fox 2.0 16" travel air shocks

IMG_0973.jpg IMG_0972.jpg IMG_0971.jpg IMG_0970.jpg

Last edited:

Helipilot2

No photo updates, waiting until it's done. Rear end is completely done and sitting on it's own weight. Front needs shocks and track bar mounted that way the ram and lines can be mounted and plumbed, after that the cage will be rebuilt and she will be moving on her own power! Couple more weeks to go.

Top Bottom