Exploring the Mesquite desert. Gold butte, Radio crystal mine.

Rottenbelly

Went out in search of some old mines south of Mesquite nevada. Over 100 miles of dirt roads to get into this area.
Stopped close to a area called Whitney pockets to air down.
DSC_8861.jpg

DSC_8863.jpg

DSC_8866.jpg

DSC_8878.jpg

Had to squeeze thru a small gap to get to the next location. We were in search of a Arastra, which is a primative mill they used to grind or pulverize gold or silver ore.
DSC_8885.jpg

DSC_8892.jpg

DSC_8894.jpg

Found it!
DSC_8904.jpg

DSC_8919.jpg

DSC_8923.jpg

Rottenbelly

The Next stop was a old trailer that was once someones house. Looks like they had a generator for power back in the day.
DSC_8937.jpg

DSC_8942.jpg

DSC_8943.jpg

Lake mead in the distance.
DSC_8940.jpg

DSC_8949.jpg

Then we headed out in search of the radio crystal mine.
DSC_8967.jpg

DSC_8982.jpg

DSC_8972.jpg

DSC_8975.jpg

DSC_8977.jpg

Favorite thing to do in the Southwest...Exploring for mines. Thanks of sharing, looks like a great trip. Love that old Arrastra photo, always wanted to find one !

Coop

Caught the Bug
Beautiful land scapes! Looks like a fun excursion. Thank you for the pics. The spider decal gives me the chills! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

stweasel

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone know how making Bears Ears and Gold Butte national monuments will affect our access to these sites? Gold Butte has always been a hidden treasure no one knew much about outside Las Vegas.

Rottenbelly

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone know how making Bears Ears and Gold Butte national monuments will affect our access to these sites? Gold Butte has always been a hidden treasure no one knew much about outside Las Vegas.
I am not sure how much it's going to affect land access just yet.
But that's why I went ahead and made the trip. In case it all gets shut down.

Top Bottom