the million dollar question...

USMC Wrangler

Don't waste your money on aftermarket flat flares. Cut your factory ones and save yourself from body damage, not to mention a lot . I just completely smashed my factory cut driver rear flare yesterday. This is what it looks like after replacing two, very inexpensive clips. Note - no body damage...

IMG_2269.jpg

I know I'm a 4 door, but I've slowly built up to where I am now using as little $$$ as possible while getting high quality parts. My build thread is below. Good luck with your decisions! Don't go for mass produced, cheaply built parts and you won't regret any of it.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

bharkin

Getting there

Ok, so this is what I am looking at ordering. EVO Drag Link Flip kit (EVO-1071), EVO 4" Enforcer Kit (EVO-1063-37). I'd love to get King 2.5 shocks, but that's not in the budget at this time. What is a good shock that won't break the bank? And what driveshaft mfg is recommended?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Edit: Disregard my recent post, personally I'd go Tom Woods 1310.

Be careful with these, they are known to come with cheap u joints unless you order it specifically with higher quality joints. There is atleast one thread on here about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Also if you are gonna spend the money on a new shaft might as well upgrade to a 1350, stock is 1330.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

The Rancho 9k's go great with the Enforcer. Also, if your going to upgrade the rear shaft, get a 1350. Don't buy into the weak-link bullshit of a weak DS. If you respect your jeep it'll take good care of you. [emoji16]

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Ok, so this is what I am looking at ordering. EVO Drag Link Flip kit (EVO-1071), EVO 4" Enforcer Kit (EVO-1063-37). I'd love to get King 2.5 shocks, but that's not in the budget at this time. What is a good shock that won't break the bank? And what driveshaft mfg is recommended?

4", no, not for a 2 door! You just went from simple to very expensive ~$3500. I'd do some more research.

Lil Nasty

So the 3" Enforcer then?

Honestly from what YOU stated that you wanted to do, I'd go back to the 2" plush rides with OME rear springs and save you some coin. The 3" and flat fenders are going to make your 35" tires look small and if you go with 33" tires ridiculous. I'm running the 2" plush rides and flat fenders with 37" tires temporarily and debating on 3" vs 4" because of the clearance the fenders give.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
So the 3" Enforcer then?
The 3" will cost about the same, but for 33" or 35" tires a 4inch lift will be sitting really high especially since you said that you were planning on chopping your fenders. I'd go 3" enforcer max, but like the above post said the 2" evo coil would probably be more than enough, in fact, that coil will get you a little over 3" of lift. If you pair that with a 1.75" spacer in the back you can easily fit 35" tires and sit level. You won't be out much $$, because you won't need front lower control arms, rear upper control arms or driveshafts, that's $1500 back in your pocket.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Honestly from what YOU stated that you wanted to do, I'd go back to the 2" plush rides with OME rear springs and save you some coin. The 3" and flat fenders are going to make your 35" tires look small and if you go with 33" tires ridiculous. I'm running the 2" plush rides and flat fenders with 37" tires temporarily and debating on 3" vs 4" because of the clearance the fenders give.

Not to mention you have a 4 door. A 2 door will give about an extra inch of lift since they're lighter. So if your 4 door can handle 37's the 2" coils on a 2 door can easily handle 37s, just need to add some bumpstops so you don't bang the tires on the fender wells.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Another option for a more comlete lift for $500 is the 2" Rancho Sport Kit that comes with: 2" coils, similar to the 2" evo plush rides, 1.75" rear spacer, front bumpstops, rear brakeline extension brackets and 4 Rancho 9000 shocks. That's what I would do in a heartbeat if I could go back!

Lil Nasty

Another option for a more comlete lift for $500 is the 2" Rancho Sport Kit that comes with: 2" coils, similar to the 2" evo plush rides, 1.75" rear spacer, front bumpstops, rear brakeline extension brackets and 4 Rancho 9000 shocks. That's what I would do in a heartbeat if I could go back!

This is an option I'd be hard pressed to ignore if I was in this situation. I like the 9000 shocks.

bharkin

So Rancho is good quality??

Top Bottom