Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

Eugene

Great pictures in this thread. Some close-up pictures of the powder coating would be helpful, too.

I'm sold on this bumper/tire carrier. Just a question of when...

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
LōD Offroad;828565 said:
Love the black on white, we need to get a white test vehicle :rock: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact us, we'd be more than glad to help!

Let me know If could help you out with the testing. My next purchase will be your sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

eazy

View attachment 238559
I just started my install last night! Ive been working way to many hours couldn't even get to it. Took awhile to get it level. I'll post more pic's when I can. I messed up my oil seal so I have to find one today [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

How are you wiring your lights and where are you putting the switch?

I was thinking about using a 3 position rocker switch (auto, on, off) possibly on the pillar.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The more I look at this bumper and tire carrier, the more appealing it gets. Seems like the install might be a little tricky based on what people have posted. I'd like to hear a few more reviews before pulling the trigger.

aermid

View attachment 238559
I just started my install last night! Ive been working way to many hours couldn't even get to it. Took awhile to get it level. I'll post more pic's when I can. I messed up my oil seal so I have to find one today [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey Edwrds, sorry I hadn't checked back on the forums. Life got super busy. I messed up my oil seal too, so I had to get a replacement: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...43694-P?cm_mmc=ET-_-Trans-_-Shipped-_-General. It's the same seal just using its parent company name.

Or I actually bought an extra just in case I messed up again if you live in the Austin area :)

--Erin

Last edited:

aermid

LōD Offroad;828495 said:
Hey, we're here to help! The yellow plate may not need to be all the way out, if it is out that far, your carrier arm may not be close enough. The carrier arm plate DOES need to be slightly tilted towards the vehicle as stated in the instructions. Just having it level may not allow enough pressure by the guide rod on the yellow plate. Keep tinkering! :cool:

What they said :). I had a little rattle with the latch plate too. It wasn't 100% pushed all the way in. Definitely took me adjusting driving over a bump in the neighborhood 3 or 4 times to get the noise gone.

--Erin

Last edited:

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Hey Edwrds, sorry I hadn't checked back on the forums. Life got super busy. I messed up my oil seal too, so I had to get a replacement: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...43694-P?cm_mmc=ET-_-Trans-_-Shipped-_-General. It's the same seal just using its parent company name.

Or I actually bought an extra just in case I messed up again if you live in the Austin area :)

--Erin

No problem yep I did the same got 2. Hey how tight did you go on the 1 1/2 nut torque?

aermid

No problem yep I did the same got 2. Hey how tight did you go on the 1 1/2 nut torque?

Didn't measure truth be told; I added some lock tight as stated in the directions and tightened it down pretty good, but didn't go crazy. I checked where everything was fitting together prior to adding the lock tight or getting too tight. It is super important, as the directions say, to make sure the arm is flush with the bumper.

--Erin

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Didn't measure truth be told; I added some lock tight as stated in the directions and tightened it down pretty good, but didn't go crazy. I checked where everything was fitting together prior to adding the lock tight or getting too tight. It is super important, as the directions say, to make sure the arm is flush with the bumper.

--Erin

Well got it done what a pain in the ass. IMG_3101.jpg Image1484863638.836666.jpg Image1484863653.287984.jpg
Just have to wire the license plate light up. Going for a test drive right now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_3103.jpg

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks great Edwrds! What made it a pain in the ass to install? Did you get their front bumper as well?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
The directions are not the greatest. They want the carrier flush with the bumper , but when it's flush the rubber stops aren't long enough. Neither is the gold bracket thing. Also getting the bumper level was challenging .Could be just me. I consider myself a good mechanic been wrenching and racing off-road pretty much my whole life. First test drive it has a little rattle, but I know where it's coming from and will fix it.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Thank you. I think so to they make a great product. Still need to get some of the accessories that you can add on. Little at a time. Need sliders next.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great thanks for the insight into the install! And yes, your front bumper looks good. [emoji106]

eazy

The directions are not the greatest. They want the carrier flush with the bumper , but when it's flush the rubber stops aren't long enough. Neither is the gold bracket thing. Also getting the bumper level was challenging .Could be just me. I consider myself a good mechanic been wrenching and racing off-road pretty much my whole life. First test drive it has a little rattle, but I know where it's coming from and will fix it.

My local shop quoted me $375 for install including the wiring... Worth it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Depends on how mechanical inclined you are. I prefer to do the install myself. Wish I could give you more advice. But if you need help just pm me or post on this thread.

Top Bottom