Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

Kapone

Installing my Destroyer now

First let me say that although the instructions were not the greatest i did get along well enough. I love to support US companies and even more so my Midwest boys down in Indiana. Great quality product and I am a big fan of LoD other than you having to remove the bumper to change the lights out. Now, that said I also want to say I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and although I know the boys at LoD were all sick and dealing with a serious flu through the winter they managed to pull off a great instructional video so I appreciate LoD being on the forum actively and putting something out there for us.

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one that ruined the oil seal. The guy that uses the 4x4 in the video is absolutely "Gangster" I attempted to do the same with only the paper instructions and a 2x4 and bent the seal. What's worse is I can't get it out now. It's pretty much jammed in there. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove it so that I can replace it with a new one from the link that someone was kind enough to post on here. It's only a tiny bit bent so I'm tempted to just mount it the way it is, any thoughts???

LoD - I also didn't receive the Zerk little fitting that goes onto that threaded hole on the hinge. Will you send one out to me? I also would love to get the new polymer fix that you all came up with as well.

My bumper is level and I'm confident i can handle the rest of the install tomorrow but was a bit frustrated with a few of the discrepancies between the paper instructions and the video but still very much appreciate the effort from LoD.

Can't wait to get it set up and done.

Cheers :drunkbuds:

Erockhopper

LOD.jpg

I was able to get my LOD destroyer on this weekend with help from my brother. We have both worked on plenty of Jeeps and the instructions had us both scratching our heads. Took a lot longer that I thought. Great bumper lover the look and its a rock for sure. One thing that doesn't show up in pictures is the beveled edge above the recessed area where the tire goes and its the little detail like this that really make this thing stand out. The adjustment of the tire carrier is easier than I thought it would be and works amazingly!

Overall I am excited about the bumper and love how it looks and operates.

We are working on getting your zerk fitting to you! Sorry about that, not sure how they missed it!

First let me say that although the instructions were not the greatest i did get along well enough. I love to support US companies and even more so my Midwest boys down in Indiana. Great quality product and I am a big fan of LoD other than you having to remove the bumper to change the lights out. Now, that said I also want to say I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and although I know the boys at LoD were all sick and dealing with a serious flu through the winter they managed to pull off a great instructional video so I appreciate LoD being on the forum actively and putting something out there for us.

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one that ruined the oil seal. The guy that uses the 4x4 in the video is absolutely "Gangster" I attempted to do the same with only the paper instructions and a 2x4 and bent the seal. What's worse is I can't get it out now. It's pretty much jammed in there. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove it so that I can replace it with a new one from the link that someone was kind enough to post on here. It's only a tiny bit bent so I'm tempted to just mount it the way it is, any thoughts???

LoD - I also didn't receive the Zerk little fitting that goes onto that threaded hole on the hinge. Will you send one out to me? I also would love to get the new polymer fix that you all came up with as well.

My bumper is level and I'm confident i can handle the rest of the install tomorrow but was a bit frustrated with a few of the discrepancies between the paper instructions and the video but still very much appreciate the effort from LoD.

Please send us your: order number, NAME, and PHONE NUMBER to contact you at so that we may provide you with assistance in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing LoD

Kapone

Thanks!

LōD Offroad;867338 said:
Please send us your: order number, NAME, and PHONE NUMBER to contact you at so that we may provide you with assistance in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing LoD

Thanks for the speedy response on here guys. I'll PM you the details.

Response sent, please expect a call from our sales department in the near future (most likely today) so that they may discuss how we can better the issue (and come up with a punishment for those responsible :brows: )

Thanks for the speedy response on here guys. I'll PM you the details.

aermid

I took a long neck flat head screw drive and went for the side that was in the deepest first and kept rotating around until it popped out. My main problem was it didn't go in as even as I should have made it. Note that you will definitely screw it up more trying to take it out. As to wether you should take it out or not; I don't know. Might be a personal preference with the door opening as smooth as you would like if it's damaged enough. I, personally, would probably just wait for a new one but I am an anal retentive perfectionist.

--Erin

WJCO

Meme King
If it's just a grease seal on the bottom of the spindle, I would leave it unless it's leaking bad. On a tire carrier, it's not like a wheel bearing on a trailer that sees tons of rotation and heat from highway speeds. On a tire carrier, it just sits there. So unless it's leaking grease enough to bother you, I would leave it. The only risk leaving it damaged would be dirt getting in there. As far as getting it out, you'll have to pull the swing assembly and use a punch or screwdriver and knock it out from the inside.

G-man

Anyone know the back log on LoD destroyer bumper? I ordered mine in January, and I have not received any updates... how long have people waited for their bumpers to arrive? Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer or just get my money back... thanks

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Anyone know the back log on LoD destroyer bumper? I ordered mine in January, and I have not received any updates... how long have people waited for their bumpers to arrive? Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer or just get my money back... thanks

Most of the time frames have I've seen have been between 6-7 weeks. When in January did you order it? Have you called ether LoD or company you bought it through for a building and shipping update?

Kapone

Thanks again!

LōD Offroad;867717 said:
Response sent, please expect a call from our sales department in the near future (most likely today) so that they may discuss how we can better the issue (and come up with a punishment for those responsible :brows: )

It's important to set the example by flogging them immediately so that others will see you're not messing around. I would encourage you to continue the beatings until their morale improves. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from someone on your sales team or sales manager to discuss. Look forward to doing business again soon and picking up that front bumper asap!

:rock:

Kapone

Great point WJCO

If it's just a grease seal on the bottom of the spindle, I would leave it unless it's leaking bad. On a tire carrier, it's not like a wheel bearing on a trailer that sees tons of rotation and heat from highway speeds. On a tire carrier, it just sits there. So unless it's leaking grease enough to bother you, I would leave it. The only risk leaving it damaged would be dirt getting in there. As far as getting it out, you'll have to pull the swing assembly and use a punch or screwdriver and knock it out from the inside.

Thanks to aermid and WJCO for your insight. The door actually swings smoothly like butter really. There is absolutely no sign of any leakage whatsoever and the seal seemed to be very tight just a bit bent when all was said and done. I think the punch from the inside out would have been the most effective but meh, I think she's good to go really.

I finished the install and now have a constant rattling at the catch plate where it meets that metal bracket. I know that I'll end up having to fab one of my own somehow or jerry rig something but I'd rather just pay for the one LoD is sending out now if they won't ship it to me with my Zerk. I've watched the video on adjusting the rattle and trying to make the metal latch work but I'm still having trouble getting it to stop rattling. Love the bumper though it really is stout and looks great.

I know the good people at LoD will do their best by me so I'm not worried about it but sooner rather than later would be ideal :usa-flag:

G-man

I purchased the rear bumper back on January 10th. I have not given them a follow up call, mainly due to me wanting to get a good base of what people here on the forum have waited for their order to arrive, and not wanting to pull the impatient trigger to early...

aermid

Thanks to aermid and WJCO for your insight. The door actually swings smoothly like butter really. There is absolutely no sign of any leakage whatsoever and the seal seemed to be very tight just a bit bent when all was said and done. I think the punch from the inside out would have been the most effective but meh, I think she's good to go really.

I finished the install and now have a constant rattling at the catch plate where it meets that metal bracket. I know that I'll end up having to fab one of my own somehow or jerry rig something but I'd rather just pay for the one LoD is sending out now if they won't ship it to me with my Zerk. I've watched the video on adjusting the rattle and trying to make the metal latch work but I'm still having trouble getting it to stop rattling. Love the bumper though it really is stout and looks great.

I know the good people at LoD will do their best by me so I'm not worried about it but sooner rather than later would be ideal :usa-flag:

Shouldn't get any rattle if it's seated properly; it takes a bit of adjusting of the rubber bumpers, but the latch should seat all the way into the catch. It took me a few tries driving around the neighborhood hitting every bump I could to get it just right.

It took me 4 weeks to get the bumper in when I ordered it before Christmas.

--Erin

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
They have new directions on how adjust the door to stop the rattling. I followed the directions and I can say the rattle is completely gone. Aermid did you get yours to stop ?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

3dpilot

Placed my order and was told approx 3 weeks wait:( So...is there any other issues that still hasn't been addressed by LOD? I noticed the delrin latch has been added.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom