Close

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Quote Originally Posted by JulietKilo View Post
    About how long are you guys waiting to get the bumper and all after ordering it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I placed an order on Monday 3/20 and was told approx 3 weeks turn around. I didn't order any accessories with mine though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Also, I ordered the carrier in black.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Advertiser
    Outstanding installation mate

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Here is mine. No rattles. This is the point at which the rubber feet make contact.

Attachment 249591

Same moment in time. Tiny gap visible but the white plastic part is about as far out as it goes.

Attachment 249592

Advertiser
    When the tire carrier closes it is naturally supposed to "bind" slightly, so that 5-7" approximate distance should be correct. The SLIGHT bind helps keep your tire and accessories stable and from rattling. So it is important to keep it SLIGHT, much like a toggle latch, as a very strong bind may lead to problems down the road (like one member above said) so it is important to not over-do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon310 View Post
    Yup, I tried too. I was told that the polymer one isn't necessary and that the metal one is better. I doubt the design was changed over to the polymer style if they didn't feel it was better at keeping the latch from rattling.

Till this day my carrier latch rattles. The only way to get it to stop rattling is the have the carrier make contact with my tailgate at 7-8 inches out but that binds my tailgate pushing it up. I'm sure that will eventually lead to factory tailgate latch breaking or the hinges binding or even worse the sheet metal warping. I'm no expert but those are just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app