Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

Carrier Arm and Bumper Face Need To Be Roughly Parallel, Not Necessarily Flush

We apologize for any inconveniences the instructions caused, we are currently making an install video and altering the paper instructions slightly to explain a little better. The carrier arm and rear bumper face need to be roughly PARALLEL, not necessarily FLUSH :blush: With a small amount of weight (tire+jack+trail rack) you can even get away without running the little striker plate (slotted) plate. It is meant for running at or near the weight capacity, which will be noted in the instructions as well now.

The directions are not the greatest. They want the carrier flush with the bumper , but when it's flush the rubber stops aren't long enough. Neither is the gold bracket thing. Also getting the bumper level was challenging .Could be just me. I consider myself a good mechanic been wrenching and racing off-road pretty much my whole life. First test drive it has a little rattle, but I know where it's coming from and will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We are toiling on ironing those kinks out currently, there are always such when creating a new system, but we are confident it is a good design that just needs to be explained in a slightly different way, so we're making an install video as well :)

What license plate relocation kit are you using?

Looks good man! Hoping they work out some of the kinks in the weeks to come

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
LōD Offroad;833703 said:
We apologize for any inconveniences the instructions caused, we are currently making an install video and altering the paper instructions slightly to explain a little better. The carrier arm and rear bumper face need to be roughly PARALLEL, not necessarily FLUSH :blush: With a small amount of weight (tire+jack+trail rack) you can even get away without running the little striker plate (slotted) plate. It is meant for running at or near the weight capacity, which will be noted in the instructions as well now.

So your saying you don't have to run the striker plate? With it off will it effect anything. Don't look like it would to me that is wear the noise comes from.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermid

So your saying you don't have to run the striker plate? With it off will it effect anything. Don't look like it would to me that is wear the noise comes from.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Might do this too. The striker plate already scraped off the power coat of the latch. I tired crazy hard to get it even so it didn't rub, but no luck. Looks real good, Edwrds!

--Erin

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Might do this too. The striker plate already scraped off the power coat of the latch. I tired crazy hard to get it even so it didn't rub, but no luck. Looks real good, Edwrds!

--Erin

I used some clear tubing around the bar and it stopped all the noise.
I also made my own striker plate out of polymer and it seems to be working. I'd like a better reply back from LOD to see what they say.

aermid

I also made my own striker plate out of polymer and it seems to be working. I'd like a better reply back from LOD to see what they say.

That's a great tip thanks. Prolly will do some paint and try it. I noticed a little rattle today after taking the roof off for the first time this year. Wasn't much and only on large bumps. It definitely seemed to be coming from the catch/latch.

I really like doing the installs myself but $375 in hindsight would have been tempting. We ended up spending as much time with this install as I think we did for the lift.

I had the opposite problem with the rubber stop being too long on the top. Ended up cutting the nut in half and that made it fit; figured that was easiest solution to fix and replace if need be.

--Erin

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
That's a great tip thanks. Prolly will do some paint and try it. I noticed a little rattle today after taking the roof off for the first time this year. Wasn't much and only on large bumps. It definitely seemed to be coming from the catch/latch.

I really like doing the installs myself but $375 in hindsight would have been tempting. We ended up spending as much time with this install as I think we did for the lift.

I had the opposite problem with the rubber stop being too long on the top. Ended up cutting the nut in half and that made it fit; figured that was easiest solution to fix and replace if need be.

--Erin

I personally think LOD needed to work out the bugs a little more before releasing the bumper. Just my 2 cents. I'll probably get some flak for posting this.

Rogue41

I did the same as a poster above and wrapped the latch alignment guide with a thin piece of plastic tubing. This eliminated all rattles. Solid as a rock.

Got any pics of the mod? I will hopefully have mine to install and all suggestions to make it smoother are greatly appreciated...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

In general, everyone still happy with their purchase of this? Would you buy it again? Really only waiting on more reviews before pulling the trigger

Rogue41

In general, everyone still happy with their purchase of this? Would you buy it again? Really only waiting on more reviews before pulling the trigger

Yes! I have had the front shorty with bull bar since early Dec and rear shorty with tire carrier since mid Dec. Looks and function are freaking awesome. Well worth the wait and would definitely buy again.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes! I have had the front shorty with bull bar since early Dec and rear shorty with tire carrier since mid Dec. Looks and function are freaking awesome. Well worth the wait and would definitely buy again.

Could you post up some pics?

Claye

So what makes one select the LOD Destroyer Rear Shorty vs a Poison Spyder RockBrawler II? To me they look similar, PS might even look less busy. I'm torn so someone help me out here. I have a LOD Midwidth on the front so I'm already a fan. And I'm not going to add all of the accessories, so I just need a kick@ss bumper + tire carrier. Thanks!

Top Bottom