Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    What license plate relocation kit are you using?

Looks good man! Hoping they work out some of the kinks in the weeks to come
    This oneIMG_3107.JPG
    It has a third brake light with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Edwrds; Yesterday at 03:38 AM.
    2016 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    This oneIMG_3107.JPG
    It has a third brake light with it.

Thanks! I was talking to LoD and sounds like they're developing one but doesn't seem like an item I need wait for. If it works it works.

Advertiser

Carrier Arm and Bumper Face Need To Be Roughly Parallel, Not Necessarily Flush

We apologize for any inconveniences the instructions caused, we are currently making an install video and altering the paper instructions slightly to explain a little better. The carrier arm and rear bumper face need to be roughly PARALLEL, not necessarily FLUSH With a small amount of weight (tire+jack+trail rack) you can even get away without running the little striker plate (slotted) plate. It is meant for running at or near the weight capacity, which will be noted in the instructions as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    The directions are not the greatest. They want the carrier flush with the bumper , but when it's flush the rubber stops aren't long enough. Neither is the gold bracket thing. Also getting the bumper level was challenging .Could be just me. I consider myself a good mechanic been wrenching and racing off-road pretty much my whole life. First test drive it has a little rattle, but I know where it's coming from and will fix it.

Advertiser
    We are toiling on ironing those kinks out currently, there are always such when creating a new system, but we are confident it is a good design that just needs to be explained in a slightly different way, so we're making an install video as well

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    What license plate relocation kit are you using?

Looks good man! Hoping they work out some of the kinks in the weeks to come

Quote Originally Posted by LōD Offroad View Post
    We apologize for any inconveniences the instructions caused, we are currently making an install video and altering the paper instructions slightly to explain a little better. The carrier arm and rear bumper face need to be roughly PARALLEL, not necessarily FLUSH With a small amount of weight (tire+jack+trail rack) you can even get away without running the little striker plate (slotted) plate. It is meant for running at or near the weight capacity, which will be noted in the instructions as well now.
    So your saying you don't have to run the striker plate? With it off will it effect anything. Don't look like it would to me that is wear the noise comes from.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 JKU