Close

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Installing my Destroyer now

First let me say that although the instructions were not the greatest i did get along well enough. I love to support US companies and even more so my Midwest boys down in Indiana. Great quality product and I am a big fan of LoD other than you having to remove the bumper to change the lights out. Now, that said I also want to say I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and although I know the boys at LoD were all sick and dealing with a serious flu through the winter they managed to pull off a great instructional video so I appreciate LoD being on the forum actively and putting something out there for us.

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one that ruined the oil seal. The guy that uses the 4x4 in the video is absolutely "Gangster" I attempted to do the same with only the paper instructions and a 2x4 and bent the seal. What's worse is I can't get it out now. It's pretty much jammed in there. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove it so that I can replace it with a new one from the link that someone was kind enough to post on here. It's only a tiny bit bent so I'm tempted to just mount it the way it is, any thoughts???

LoD - I also didn't receive the Zerk little fitting that goes onto that threaded hole on the hinge. Will you send one out to me? I also would love to get the new polymer fix that you all came up with as well.

My bumper is level and I'm confident i can handle the rest of the install tomorrow but was a bit frustrated with a few of the discrepancies between the paper instructions and the video but still very much appreciate the effort from LoD.

Can't wait to get it set up and done.

Cheers

LOD.jpg

I was able to get my LOD destroyer on this weekend with help from my brother. We have both worked on plenty of Jeeps and the instructions had us both scratching our heads. Took a lot longer that I thought. Great bumper lover the look and its a rock for sure. One thing that doesn't show up in pictures is the beveled edge above the recessed area where the tire goes and its the little detail like this that really make this thing stand out. The adjustment of the tire carrier is easier than I thought it would be and works amazingly!

Overall I am excited about the bumper and love how it looks and operates.

Advertiser
    We are working on getting your zerk fitting to you! Sorry about that, not sure how they missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapone View Post
    First let me say that although the instructions were not the greatest i did get along well enough. I love to support US companies and even more so my Midwest boys down in Indiana. Great quality product and I am a big fan of LoD other than you having to remove the bumper to change the lights out. Now, that said I also want to say I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and although I know the boys at LoD were all sick and dealing with a serious flu through the winter they managed to pull off a great instructional video so I appreciate LoD being on the forum actively and putting something out there for us.

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one that ruined the oil seal. The guy that uses the 4x4 in the video is absolutely "Gangster" I attempted to do the same with only the paper instructions and a 2x4 and bent the seal. What's worse is I can't get it out now. It's pretty much jammed in there. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove it so that I can replace it with a new one from the link that someone was kind enough to post on here. It's only a tiny bit bent so I'm tempted to just mount it the way it is, any thoughts???

LoD - I also didn't receive the Zerk little fitting that goes onto that threaded hole on the hinge. Will you send one out to me? I also would love to get the new polymer fix that you all came up with as well.

My bumper is level and I'm confident i can handle the rest of the install tomorrow but was a bit frustrated with a few of the discrepancies between the paper instructions and the video but still very much appreciate the effort from LoD.

Cheers

Advertiser
    Please send us your: order number, NAME, and PHONE NUMBER to contact you at so that we may provide you with assistance in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing LoD

Cheers

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LōD Offroad View Post
    Please send us your: order number, NAME, and PHONE NUMBER to contact you at so that we may provide you with assistance in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing LoD
    Thanks for the speedy response on here guys. I'll PM you the details.

Advertiser
    Response sent, please expect a call from our sales department in the near future (most likely today) so that they may discuss how we can better the issue (and come up with a punishment for those responsible )

Thanks for the speedy response on here guys. I'll PM you the details.

I took a long neck flat head screw drive and went for the side that was in the deepest first and kept rotating around until it popped out. My main problem was it didn't go in as even as I should have made it. Note that you will definitely screw it up more trying to take it out. As to wether you should take it out or not; I don't know. Might be a personal preference with the door opening as smooth as you would like if it's damaged enough. I, personally, would probably just wait for a new one but I am an anal retentive perfectionist.

--Erin
    --Erin

If it's just a grease seal on the bottom of the spindle, I would leave it unless it's leaking bad. On a tire carrier, it's not like a wheel bearing on a trailer that sees tons of rotation and heat from highway speeds. On a tire carrier, it just sits there. So unless it's leaking grease enough to bother you, I would leave it. The only risk leaving it damaged would be dirt getting in there. As far as getting it out, you'll have to pull the swing assembly and use a punch or screwdriver and knock it out from the inside.

Fresh Catch
    Anyone know the back log on LoD destroyer bumper? I ordered mine in January, and I have not received any updates... how long have people waited for their bumpers to arrive? Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer or just get my money back... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Anyone know the back log on LoD destroyer bumper? I ordered mine in January, and I have not received any updates... how long have people waited for their bumpers to arrive? Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer or just get my money back... thanks
    Most of the time frames have I've seen have been between 6-7 weeks. When in January did you order it? Have you called ether LoD or company you bought it through for a building and shipping update?
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"