Welcome to the WAYALIFE.com : More than just a Jeep - It's a way of life!.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Caught the Bug
    Great build!

Been Around the Block
    My ESC started kicking in randomly while driving, then the warning lights came on and stayed on. I thought it might be a bad speed sensor. The steering wheel has been centered with no problems for 30k miles so I was sure it wasn't that. Then looking at the front my right wheel looked as if the C was drastically bent. Weird given the welds on the C-braces were fine. It was also toed out a bit. So I lifted the front. Sure enough I could move the wheel back and forth by hand probably 2".

Bad bearing. And the speed sensor was rusted in place; had to break it. So off to the dealership tomorrow for some parts! Good news is a bearing and sensor are a lot cheaper than upgrading to a ProRock 44. Bad news is, there goes my justification for upgrading to a ProRock 44.

Dave

Addict
    Hey Dave. Haven't seen you on in a while, or maybe I missed it? Bummer about the issues, glad it's an easy fix. Or maybe I have that backwards?

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Hey Dave. Haven't seen you on in a while, or maybe I missed it? Bummer about the issues, glad it's an easy fix. Or maybe I have that backwards?
    Hey there! Yeah your right. New job, traveling constantly so not much time for the Jeep let alone WAYALIFE. I trust everyone here is doing well...

I've been jones'n for a PR 44 as you can tell. I'm guessing if I work with ORE they can set it up for my coil overs so it is a straight swap?

My problem has been rust. We had a bad winter and everything I worked on looks like hell even though I primed well and painted two coats. Even the EVO sliders and skins had to be redone. There is a lot of technology in factory paint, that's for sure. I'm seriously thinking about buying a beater this fall for winter driving.

Regardless, if I ever go PR 44 I want it install-ready so I don't have to repaint. Cuz obviously I suck at that!

Dave

Been Around the Block
    $200 bearing and sensor. Parts will be at the dealer early afternoon!