Rubicon or rubicon hard rock

Fett21

Looking at getting a new jeep. Was looking at a 2017 rubicon but now that I've been doing more looking around I started looking at a 2017 hard rock. Not looking at doing a lot of upgrade soon so I figured that the hard rock would be worth it. Only about $1400 difference in price. And I can drop a winch in the stock bumper. Is it worth it to get the hard rock or not?

RSQCON

If the options and apples to apples then something is off with the numbers. The MSRP on a Hard Rock vs standard Rubicon is around $5k more.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
RSQCON is right. However, it will cost $400 for the necessary winch plate, but I do like the hardrock front bumper and hood. Ultimately, I don't think it's worth it, unless it truly is only $1400 more.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fett21

Once I get all my options set its not much more. And I get the hood and a few other options not available on the regular one. Winch plate is $45. Been looking at everything. Making sure it worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

You are optioning them differently that's the only way to get that close apart. I will say that no matter what you cannot buy the hood and bumpers for less than $1700 so if you want those than go for it. The only winch plate I've looked at for the HR/10A front bumper is the Maximus 3 and it's $250ish.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looking at getting a new jeep. Was looking at a 2017 rubicon but now that I've been doing more looking around I started looking at a 2017 hard rock. Not looking at doing a lot of upgrade soon so I figured that the hard rock would be worth it. Only about $1400 difference in price. And I can drop a winch in the stock bumper. Is it worth it to get the hard rock or not?

when i was pricing out my jeep, I found myself in a very similar debate. I opted for the hardrock being that I REALLY liked the hood and at the time, the hood aftermarket was $700+Paint all on its own, and taking into account that I've never been happy with aftermarket paint/texture matching it was pretty easy for me to tip the scale...

I ended up selling the front & rear bumpers for a good amount for stock parts... You DO need a winch plate for the Stock Hardrock bumper if you plan on a winch... oh, the WARN PowerPlant WILL NOT fit w/o quite a bit of cutting... I found that out the hard way, and decided to just sell it rather than cutting it up. click on DZZ below my post if you want to take a peek. Good luck, let us know what you decide

Welcome to WAL by the way :standing wave:

Last edited:
I like my Hard Rock. depending on how long the dealer has been sitting on it and the options you can get them for just a little less than a Rubicon. I got Mine with a soft top and stock radio because I wanted the steal bumpers and the hood is just awesome. The upgraded rock sliders aren't as good of a step as I thought they would be for my wife and parents. so if you are happy with the options on the Hard Rock I'd go with it, not if it is 3.73 and the Rubi is 4.10 though.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I like my Hard Rock. depending on how long the dealer has been sitting on it and the options you can get them for just a little less than a Rubicon. I got Mine with a soft top and stock radio because I wanted the steal bumpers and the hood is just awesome. The upgraded rock sliders aren't as good of a step as I thought they would be for my wife and parents. so if you are happy with the options on the Hard Rock I'd go with it, not if it is 3.73 and the Rubi is 4.10 though.

i'm pretty sure he is talking about placing an order for a jeep, not comparing dealer stock... but I could be wrong. :idontknow:

Fett21

The 2 door hard rock I'm looking at comes with 4.10. It'll be soft top navigation and all the other standard items for the 2017 hard rock. I'm getting a great deal for it. All these options for just under msrp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nic Try

B4CBE743-B02B-4388-B2DC-6F61D567895F.jpg B4CBE743-B02B-4388-B2DC-6F61D567895F.jpg

Love my hardrock, i like the hood, the alpine stereo and the red touches. I paid about $1700 more fro mine in 2015 than a regular rubi, so I don't feel it was too bad, i would do it again..

rberg1022

I love my 2016 Hard Rock and glad I went with it. It is great off road and enjoy it as my daily driver. I didn't think I was going to go crazy with the mods, but I did. The wench integrates into the bumper as if it was made to be there.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask or pm me.

IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modit

I got the Hard Rock because it was the only Rubi in my area that had a manual transmission. I ended up liking all the Hard Rock stuff and I'm glad it worked out that way.
If you like the Alpine speaker system, hood and bumpers then it's well worth the price.
I got the Maximus winch plate and it worked well with Warn Zeon winch.
Plus, the red buttons for the lockers and sway bar disco add a verifiable 12 horsepower.

I got the Hard Rock because it was the only Rubi in my area that had a manual transmission. I ended up liking all the Hard Rock stuff and I'm glad it worked out that way.
If you like the Alpine speaker system, hood and bumpers then it's well worth the price.
I got the Maximus winch plate and it worked well with Warn Zeon winch.
Plus, the red buttons for the lockers and sway bar disco add a verifiable 12 horsepower.

I was in a similar boat. I wanted a used one with a manual, and the only ones available in LA were with 10A package. Getting a fully loaded one wasn't high on the list, but since no one here wants to buy a manual they have been sitting there on the lot. I got my 10A with 11k miles for less than what they were asking for a new Rubicon with Bluetooth and an auto.

Fett21

Well I'm getting a hard rock. Getting it 2k cheaper than a regular rubicon. I'll post pics once I take delivery

Only easy day was yesterday

Fett21

Only thing I'm bummed about is that I don't get the hood. The dealer that it's coming from swapped for some reason. But I got them to drop the price 1k plus a $500 visa card for not having it.

Only easy day was yesterday

Top Bottom