VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - A First Look at Our Project Jeep CJ5 Renegade [Part 1]

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
What an awesome Jeep. I have been looking for a good condition CJ5 or even a CJ7 to just cruise around in. Haven't had much luck...most of the restored ones people are asking crazy amounts for, and the project Jeeps need more work than I am willing to put out. I love my TJ a lot, but there's something about these older Jeeps with the steel dash and rugged interiors that just scream awesome. Great find! :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! We weren't sure how a video series like this would be received being that it doesn't have any wheeling or even exploring in it but we're so glad to see so many of you enjoy it just the same. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I also have a 1974 CJ-5, I have found finding parts, like internal guages and the indicators on the dash that light up are hard to locate. It seems most places go up to 1973 and then to 1976 and on. My wife's grandfather bought it brand new in 1974 and was left to my wife and I. I still have the original owners manual, bill of sale and window sticker for it. I also have a chiltons manual from 1975 for it.

Yeah, intermediate CJ5's can be real tough to work on being that they were only made from 72-75. Nobody makes aftermarket parts for them but you can get some OE style replacement parts from companies like Omix-ADA. They aren't perfect but you can make them work and they look pretty good. Otherwise, I have been able to find a lot of things I've needed from eBay or I've just resorted to cleaning up what I have the best I can.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone! We weren't sure how a video series like this would be received being that it doesn't have any wheeling or even exploring in it but we're so glad to see so many of you enjoy it just the same. :yup:

I loved the video! But next time, less of the guy with the ponytail... and more of the Jeep!! :bleh:

pop2tu

Cool video, so much nicer to watch a video than just have pics to look at. Thank you for sharing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Again, I'm so glad to hear you guys are liking this new series. I hope you can be forgiving of the fact that we're just breathing new life into some old iron and NOT doing a full "restoration". While I can weld and do body work, I'm just "okay" at both - far from a pro and really, "new" is not what we're going for - just "a lot better" :crazyeyes: :D

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

It's very cool to see a video about restoration. Hey, we love Jeeps!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NavyJeeper

Again, I'm so glad to hear you guys are liking this new series. I hope you can be forgiving of the fact that we're just breathing new life into some old iron and NOT doing a full "restoration". While I can weld and do body work, I'm just "okay" at both - far from a pro and really, "new" is not what we're going for - just "a lot better" :crazyeyes: :D

This is gonna be awesome to see how this bad boy turns out! There is a guy down the street who has an old CJ and he has just let it gone to shit. It will be nice to see what real work put into a CJ will look like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is a great idea. For those of us who love the old iron, the thrill of the build is where it's at. The first drive on completion is almost anti-climatic. Almost. Looking fwd to chapter 2.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I say go for a period style build. Not to over the, just classic. Then wheel it on the milder trails.

You already have two "billy badass" rigs to wheel serious stuff, plus the other flavors. Or is that a "Eddie badass" rig and a "Cindy badass" rig. Hmmmm.

curtiso504

Awesome video documentation. I enjoy seeing old iron come back to life, thanks Eddie. Waiting for the next installment...

Top Bottom