New shocks

kep01

Well tonight I decided to put my new shocks on and the fronts went on really easy, the back however decided to break the bolts off in the crossover on the frame[emoji35] so now I have to figure out how to get those out. I'm thinking about welding a nut on what is still there and try again at backing them out. Any suggestions are welcomed

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well tonight I decided to put my new shocks on and the fronts went on really easy, the back however decided to break the bolts off in the crossover on the frame[emoji35] so now I have to figure out how to get those out. I'm thinking about welding a nut on what is still there and try again at backing them out. Any suggestions are welcomed

Post pics with how much you have to work with. You can dremel a slot and then use a screwdriver maybe. No matter what, soak that thing in rust penetrate for a few hours.

kep01

Post pics with how much you have to work with. You can dremel a slot and then use a screwdriver maybe. No matter what, soak that thing in rust penetrate for a few hours.
Both sides broke, looks like enough is sticking out to weld a nut on tomorrow at work. I'll post pics tomorrow. Worst part now is I have to drive it to work with no rear shocks. It gonna bounce around like a big hooptie wagon.

Both sides broke, looks like enough is sticking out to weld a nut on tomorrow at work. I'll post pics tomorrow. Worst part now is I have to drive it to work with no rear shocks. It gonna bounce around like a big hooptie wagon.

Damn. Sounds like my luck. Like wjco said, soak them in wd40 or the like for quite awhile before you attempt to back them out.

Last edited:

kep01

Alright, so tonight I repaired the problem. First I took an air hammer and punched the broken bolts out from the bottom then just dropped in new bolts and installed my new shocks. KIMG0018.jpg KIMG0017.jpg

SPOOOBY

Alright, so tonight I repaired the problem. First I took an air hammer and punched the broken bolts out from the bottom then just dropped in new bolts and installed my new shocks. View attachment 234727 View attachment 234728

Also might want to stop that rust with some por-15 it will only get worse if you don't stop it now,por-15 is great rust transformer for chassis just brush over rust

Top Bottom