Spyderlock Wheels

tgoss

I'll have to see if I can find a better image but you can kind of see how the star on this ring is bent in a bit.

main.php

Hot damn, black friday was rough on you that year.

Astroman

With all that said, I absolutely LOVE the "look" of Spyderloc wheels. In addition to the innovative ring design - a first of it's kind at the time, it is the reason why I wanted to run them. That being said, I had found the star in the middle of the wheels to be a real nuisance. On the trail, they would catch on pointy rocks, branches and tree roots. Over time, they would get bent in and throw the balance of the wheel off and as trivial as it may sound, they got in the way of airing up my tires. These problems are the reason why I eventually ordered up new rings and had the stars machined out back when we were still running 20's. again, I love the way they "look" and if I didn't play at the malls that I do, I'd probably still be running them.

Hey Eddie -- I really liked the looks of the 20" Spyderlocks with the star portion machined out (looks better proportioned with 40's) as in this pic of Moby:

JK Moby 2.jpg

I'm curious why you stopped running the 20" rims? Where did you have the rings machined?

Thanks!

-jim

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Eddie -- I really liked the looks of the 20" Spyderlocks with the star portion machined out (looks better proportioned with 40's) as in this pic of Moby:

View attachment 237594

I'm curious why you stopped running the 20" rims? Where did you have the rings machined?

Thanks!

-jim

He didn't have the rings machined, he installed the atx slab ring which is the same as the spider locks because they are both owned by wheel pros

Astroman

He didn't have the rings machined, he installed the atx slab ring which is the same as the spider locks because they are both owned by wheel pros

Hey Cozdude -- Eddie did say that's what he did (see red text in my post above where I quoted Eddie). ATX slabs only go up to 17" diameter with corresponding rings. I called Spyderlock a couple weeks ago and they do not know of anyone making 20" rings that'll fit their wheels. :thinking:

Colorado2003

Eddie has it right with the star getting in the way but I do like the look to much to give them up! I also live in Colorado Springs so I can tell you that the Mag Chloride does get to them. Over all I have been impressed on and off road. The rings take a licking but they show the scars! IMG_0697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Hey Cozdude -- Eddie did say that's what he did (see red text in my post above where I quoted Eddie). ATX slabs only go up to 17" diameter with corresponding rings. I called Spyderlock a couple weeks ago and they do not know of anyone making 20" rings that'll fit their wheels. :thinking:

Slabs/spyderlock are the same wheel just different rings.

You can def buy slabs in a 20"....

Capture.jpg

Top Bottom