P0741

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Dont know if this even applies, cuz I forget which vehicle this was for but figure I would post it from a quick google search and figured maybe it would be of some kind of help.

P0741 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

Read more: P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
What does this mean?

When is the code detected?
Lock-up does not occur when driving in lock-up range or lockup remains ON in lock-up OFF range
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0741 Description

The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module (ECM). Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. When the torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, the torque converter lockup clutch will engage creating a 1 to 1 RPM ratio between the transmission input shaft and the rotational speed of the torque converter.
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.

Went to Danny's Transmission (these guys were great and have been around for a long time). They replaced the lock-up solenoid valve and flush the transmission oil and voil�, she all fixed up again!

Journeyman

Dont know if this even applies, cuz I forget which vehicle this was for but figure I would post it from a quick google search and figured maybe it would be of some kind of help.

P0741 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

Read more: P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
What does this mean?

When is the code detected?
Lock-up does not occur when driving in lock-up range or lockup remains ON in lock-up OFF range
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0741 Description

The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module (ECM). Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. When the torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, the torque converter lockup clutch will engage creating a 1 to 1 RPM ratio between the transmission input shaft and the rotational speed of the torque converter.
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.

Went to Danny's Transmission (these guys were great and have been around for a long time). They replaced the lock-up solenoid valve and flush the transmission oil and voil�, she all fixed up again!

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply.
We're driving up the west coast line the next couple days. This is exactly what mine is doing. When the code pops I can feel feel it lose full lock and rpm's rise with throttle input. Seams to always do it in 5th when the vehicle has some slight load it, like a slight grade that it's trying to torque its way up. So far manually bumping it to 4th seems to help. I've been fighting this for a while, but it's been kind of intermittent and where I live I don't ever take the jeep on the freeway and that's what really seems to set it off.
I am pretty agro with my fluids. No more than 20k since last time the pan was dropped and filters and oil replaced on the tranny.
I am able to clear the code with my tuner.
I rechecked the fluid earlier today at a fuel stop and the level was high on the dipstick but I kind of figured that if I gave it some time to settle down it would probably drop back into the hot range.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom