SoCal Jan 2, 2017

papasurf

My son just got his driver license and a 2010 JKU. On Jan 2nd I would like to take him out and off the pavement. Does anyone have any recommendations on trail locations in Southern California (we are in Valencia) where I could take a newbie where he won't drive off of a cliff but still have fun? He is running 35s with a 3" lift and flat fenders so some rock crawling opportunities would be cool too.

Peak

Gold mountain in big bear is really nice, it's rated a black diamond trail but it's not too challenging. There are only 2 main obstacles and anther 2 optional obstacles. It's a short trail but it is my favorite in big bear because of the views.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LU-EE

Cleghorn Ridge in Phelan, Bullfrog in West Johnson Valley, Last Chance in Red Rock Canyon State Park, Burns Canyon/Pontiac Sleuce in Big Bear... I recommend the book "California Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells. There's lots of offroading trails listed in there.

USA2dr

Local wheeling

Welcome to the jeep family. I am 16 and live in valley. The other suggestions are great but if you are looking for something more local Rowher flats (in Santa Clarita) or Gorman are great options. They are both just ohv parks, maybe not the craziest stuff but they are close and easy to get to. Both are fun and Gorman even has a 4x4 training area. There is definitely something you can find out there, even a little rock crawling. If you want any more info just let me know.
Also I know this is a little late but at-least you may know for the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom