Pancake Rock Sunset Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To help make our early Sunday morning meet up at Corral Canyon a bit easier for us, Cindy and I headed out to Alpine the day before and just stay the night there. Being that we were able to get out sooner than planned, we decided to do a quick sunset run up to Pancake Rock and were lucky enough to have Moochie and Adam join us as well. Here are some shots from our sunset run.

Airing down before our climb up to the top...
main.php

For those of you who haven't been on this trail before, the deep ruts start up just beyond the gate...
main.php

main.php

For the most part, the trail is easy but, when you're in a bone stock 2-door with no rocker guards, a little more care is needed if you don't want to do any damage to your rocker panels...
main.php

Thanks to all the ruts, there are a lot of places where you can get twisted up...
main.php

main.php

Of course, when you're this narrow and small, you can just wiggle your way through everything...
main.php

main.php

In addition to the ruts, there are a few rocks that you can play on too...
main.php

main.php

Or, make the wise decision to skirt around them...
main.php

Moochie working his way up a steep rut...
main.php

Adam making short change of it too...
main.php

Continuing our way up...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Almost to the top...
main.php

View looking back at the trail we've been working up...
main.php

Up on top of Pancake Rock...
main.php

main.php

Here comes the rest of the gang...
main.php

main.php

Group shot on top of Pancake Rock...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Neat boulders up on top...
main.php

View looking out toward the ocean...
main.php

Time to head back down...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Heading out to the play area, the trail became challenging enough for a stock 2-door without rocker guards that we decided to play it safe and turn around...
main.php

Moby coming back up...
main.php

main.php

main.php

The night creeping in...
main.php

Off the trail and airing up...
main.php

HONEY TIME!!
main.php

Adam is a Honey Virgin no more...
main.php

I hope you enjoyed following us on our sunset run up to the top of Pancake Rock. To see more pics from our trip, simply click on the link below:

Pancake Rock Sunset Run Photo Gallery

:cool:

Moochie

Adam did a good job of missing most of the rocks. He had to snake his way through some big ruts.

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like you all had a blast!

Not sure if I'm more jealous of missing the run or the chance to remove my own "honey virgin" label. ;) Next time count me in and I'll see if the wife can whip up some cookies to go with the honey.:yup:

jelliott076

This looks like a pretty cool trail. It's 40miles from me, I need to get out to run this thing some time. Great photos guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We'll definitely have to head back and do this trail again with more people. Short and sweet. :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Adam did a good job of missing most of the rocks. He had to snake his way through some big ruts.

Yup just took a little more thought and time to get through it for me. I need lift and rocker guards bad!

Had a great time! Thanks for the invite Eddie and Cindy!

Paisano

That looks like a great way to spend an afternoon, I'll definitely find a way to make the next run!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you guys make it out to the playground at the top? I don't see any pics but that area called by some as "mini Moab" :thinking: (not close but...) is pretty fun with lots of ledges and obstacles. :D

We did not. It was getting late and that is where we turned around because there was a pretty big drop and with no rocker guards it would have been tough for me getting down and up. And the gate on that side was closed so we didn't get there.

PlenaBarba

Nice to see you let the little guys out to play too! Man I wish I lived closer to a place that had so many off road opportunities! Great pic's as always!

1BAMFR

Sick pics man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb question....How do you get into the trunk of Mobie?

Does the tire carrier and the tire swing out together?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sick pics man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb question....How do you get into the trunk of Mobie?

Does the tire carrier and the tire swing out together?

The tire carrier opens separately from the tailgate. It's just locked in place with hitch pins.

Top Bottom