Ox locker

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
For what it's worth, I run an Ox locker in the front diff. The reason I went with that over an ARB was with the cost of replacing my destroyed factory locker, regearing both axles, I couldn't justify another grand for 35 spline shafts and another few hundred for a compressor.

I've only used it on one run and it did fine. It's currently run via an electric switch and a solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkrichard

I also run an ox locker, cable actuated. I have it in my rear axle. I like it. I don't have any complaints and I really like that the cable routs through the cover. I had a real (personal) issue with drilling in to the diff housing, and did not want to mess it up.

I have used it a number of times on various surfaces and it hasn't let me down. It has been in for a year and change and I haven't had an issue. I like that they have an external lock to actuate the locker if the cable gets jammed up.

All I can say is do what makes you happy with your jeep. I went this direction because on board air seemed like an expensive need to do item that I didn't want to pay for quite yet.

Last edited:

Lil Nasty

Well if i decide to run one itll defently be in the rear and ill report back

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just remember your opinion is valued when discussing WHY you chose your particular part, but when reporting on performance and reliability it is FACTS that help out the community. If you keep this in mind no matter what parts you install and report back on there should be no problem. Also remember that while you may have preference for a certain part and not have had any issues, the same may not be true for others. So don't be defensive and try to be understanding. Eddy has admitted to issues with certain vendors and has reported as they arrive. He still runs these parts possibly because he has yet to find a better alternative. We like to stick to the facts here and leave the BS to 8th Slot.

Last edited:

RSQCON

They may not be as popular as ARB but for those of you that think ARB is the end all be all consider this. When Dynatrac introduced their JK axle package deals they offered different locker options and OX was one of them. They sold all the OX equipped axles while ARB is still available granted I don't know how many they had of each. One really nice feature of the OX is the ability to choose cable, electric or air actuation as well as the ability to disengage the locker with the drive away lock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom