Don't let people drive your jeep!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So I took the tire off last night and everything was clean and straight no bent tie rod and no rocks or mud behind the brake cover I picked the front axle off the ground and spun the tires in gear and four low and everything was good so I put the wheel back on and drove it and yep I still have the problem so I'm going to have it aligned today and will see form there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
People don't take care of S**t when it's not theirs. They are animals. Your lucky something didn't snap. Letting others drive my Jeep is not on the top of my list. There is a very, very, short list and that is only inner family in an emergency. Hope it's not serious.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
People don't take care of S**t when it's not theirs. They are animals. Your lucky something didn't snap. Letting others drive my Jeep is not on the top of my list. There is a very, very, short list and that is only inner family in an emergency. Hope it's not serious.

Oh yes tell me about it now all who are driving my jeep is me my wife and family they respect it and know how much one and money goes into this thing. Iv learned the hard way. I'm at the alignment shop right now so hopefully this will fix my problem will see what happens.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So I just got my jeep back from the shop and they said everything was fine just the alignment was way way off aha I drove it around and it's driving like it never happened now. So I'm guessing it was just everything with the traction control that everyone's has been saying. Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I was like wow all that just for an alignment ahaha weird but now I know for the future if it ever happens again.

Based on your story and that an alignment fixed it, likely your tie rod or drag link is bent. Won't hurt anything if they were able to get in in spec, but likely one of those bars is bent now.

jesse3638

Hooked
Based on your story and that an alignment fixed it, likely your tie rod or drag link is bent. Won't hurt anything if they were able to get in in spec, but likely one of those bars is bent now.
Yeah, I'd second this as with a solid axle there isn't much adjusting you can do. No camber, only caster with adjustable control arms, toe with the tie rod and steering wheel alignment with the draglink. Glad all is well again.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

So I just got my jeep back from the shop and they said everything was fine just the alignment was way way off aha I drove it around and it's driving like it never happened now. So I'm guessing it was just everything with the traction control that everyone's has been saying. Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

Glad your jeep is working properly, but I would definitely be asking them what they had to do to fix the alignment. If there was a bent end or bar you may want to keep in mind that they are now not as strong as they were.

sent from your basement

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Well I just noticed the other day when I would turn the wheel I got this loud clank noise and I'm like oh great what happened now and so I had my wife turn the wheel while I went under the jeep and it just happens to be my track bar bolt was super lose so now no noise and the steering is tight again.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I just noticed the other day when I would turn the wheel I got this loud clank noise and I'm like oh great what happened now and so I had my wife turn the wheel while I went under the jeep and it just happens to be my track bar bolt was super lose so now no noise and the steering is tight again.

Good catch. Before any death wobble.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Haha seriously me and my wife experienced death wobble hitting the highway coming off the cleghorn trail and I thought my jeep was falling apart aha ...also have to drop my tire pressure the shop filled those suckers way to full aha it's pretty rough.

Top Bottom