New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I definitely will not be buying one. Once they get rid of the complete soft top, I am done with buying them. I will probably purchase a 2018 JK and keep stock Since my 2010 and 2013 are paid off. I just cant help think how much the NHTSA has killed vehicles and the over regulation, Government telling me what I can and cant have because they don't think I am responsible enough. Just my two cents. If they wanted something like this for the Soccer moms and the California SJW then fine make it as a separate vehicle. Ok I am Done! here are the Jeep we currently own! My 1974 CJ5 needs some work, I have had it stored at my in laws house while I have been stationed overseas. My wife's grandfather bought it brand new in 1974 and I have the original bill of sale, window sticker and owner's manual for it. I have a new original 1974 tub for it. The tub has a lot of rust. My wife's grandfather used it for hunting and fishing. My plan is to keep it all original.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 546
  • IPAD 148.JPG
    IPAD 148.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_6867.jpg
    IMG_6867.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 527
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 546
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 546
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 513
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 540
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Nice jeeps. Honestly I was shocked when only a couple of weeks ago when we bought our new rubicon I couldn't find a JEEP on a dealership lot, in three towns, with a soft top. Apparently they just don't sell. I know why but it's just crazy.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Nice jeeps. Honestly I was shocked when only a couple of weeks ago when we bought our new rubicon I couldn't find a JEEP on a dealership lot, in three towns, with a soft top. Apparently they just don't sell. I know why but it's just crazy.
Ha ha I'm glad that I wasn't the only one with that problem. Took me a while to find one with a soft top.

Sent from my D6708 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AirborneVet

So, is this an actual JL? And is nobody going to ask, what the hell are those vents in the front quarter panel, and where the duck are the hood latches!?

Aside from that, the roll cage issue seems minuscule. The one we have now isn't all that anyways. Most people put an aftermarket one in for a reason.
I'm sure companies will start pushing product before the JL is 6 months old.
It's a Jeep.
Innovation follows.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Pretty sure this is just an artist's rendering and not the actual JL. I don't believe FCA will be revealing the real thing until later this year.

Though not a fan of everything I've heard thus far on the JL, having removable panels does allow for aftermarket manufacturers some room for innovative accessories. Pop out rotopax mounting panels at the rear side windows, or maybe storage racks/bins on top that can sit down into the frame to create a lower profile. (My idea, you saw it here first! Lol)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackDiamond_JKU

Pretty sure this is just an artist's rendering and not the actual JL. I don't believe FCA will be revealing the real thing until later this year.

Though not a fan of everything I've heard thus far on the JL, having removable panels does allow for aftermarket manufacturers some room for innovative accessories. Pop out rotopax mounting panels at the rear side windows, or maybe storage racks/bins on top that can sit down into the frame to create a lower profile. (My idea, you saw it here first! Lol)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think this is how it always is, TJ guys like to blew a gasket when the JKU came out, most still do, it's the "Joke Jeep" plastic blah blah blah

But, I agree, I think the community will conform as products come out.

Lol, be sure to screen shot this, so you can claim it when these parts start coming out! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
All of my Jeeps are soft tops, that is part of the experience of owning a Jeep, no top and no doors. I grew up with Jeeps and so did my Children which all have Jeep Wrangler soft tops.

desertrunner

Just my 2 cents on the subject. My 08 had the soft top and that thing was such a pain in the ass to put down by myself I mostly just left it up. I chose the hard top on my 12 and I have the front panels off way more than I ever had my soft top down and it's so easy to do by myself. Now taking the whole thing off is a pain with weight and storage BUT if the JK had removable panels like it looks like the JL will have that would be fantastic! I would love to have a hard top that I could pull panels off and have it like the zip out windows on the soft top. Hopefully it doesn't detract too much from the aftermarket tops but so far I really like the design I wish the JK had removable hard top panels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom