Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

Just read on the Jeep Experience FB page that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler is going to eliminate the interior roll cage.
    How do you guys feel about that?

Last edited by cozdude; 12-28-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    "Do or Do Not, There is no Try"

New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

Being that all you provided was a link to another forum I'm going to call bullshit

CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
    No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other forums, Facebook pages, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.
    Last edited by cozdude; 12-28-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

I'd be surprised to see that actually happening, especially in a vehicle with removable roof panels. I call BS too

Knows a Thing or Two Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    Sounds as if that would take a softop out of the realm of possibility so let's hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1461.JPG
    Just no!

If they do it will be completely idiotic, their safety ratings will hit the trash and they will lose a lot of business. If you want a Jeep w/o a removable top... You don't want a Jeep, or atleast not a wrangler.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    If they do it will be completely idiotic, their safety ratings will hit the trash and they will lose a lot of business. If you want a Jeep w/o a removable top... You don't want a Jeep, or atleast not a wrangler.

Agreed on the part about the Jeep, also no way it would pass government regulation without a roll cage and a soft top, not on a Jeep.

No surprise, Jeep has been talking about this for quite some time. Convertibles or, in the case of a Jeep, topless vehicles are always a LOT heavier than an equivalent enclosed vehicle as so much more reinforcement is needed. Jeep has been trying hard to reduce the weight of the Wrangler for while now to meet federal standards. The new JL will feature a body with removable panels to give it the "open" feel. Structurally, it should be more ridged as technically, just as safe if not safer.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    No surprise, Jeep has been talking about this for quite some time. Convertibles or, in the case of a Jeep, topless vehicles are always a LOT heavier than an equivalent enclosed vehicle as so much more reinforcement is needed. Jeep has been trying hard to reduce the weight of the Wrangler for while now to meet federal standards. The new JL will feature a body with removable panels to give it the "open" feel. Structurally, it should be more ridged as technically, just as safe if not safer.
    So Rock Hard 4x4 will be making some serious $$ on some full cages... Sounds good to me. I don't know about everyone else but no matter what the parent company says a vehicle with a cage is safer than w/o. Plus the wrangler will always be a higher roll over probability, simply because of its size, shape and design. I guess I'm just trying to say it seems dumb to me no matter how much weight you save.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    So Rock Hard 4x4 will be making some serious $$ on some full cages... Sounds good to me. I don't know about everyone else but no matter what the parent company says a vehicle with a cage is safer than w/o. Plus the wrangler will always be a higher roll over probability, simply because of its size, shape and design. I guess I'm just trying to say it seems dumb to me no matter how much weight you save.

The point is that the body structure will be stronger than a simple tubular cage. It's not that it won't have any roll over protection it's just that it won't look like a traditional cage.