Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Fresh Catch EagleScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NW Missouri
    Posts
    19

    New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

    Just read on the Jeep Experience FB page that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler is going to eliminate the interior roll cage.
    How do you guys feel about that?

    Last edited by cozdude; 12-28-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    "Do or Do Not, There is no Try"

  2. #2
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    15,581

    New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

    Being that all you provided was a link to another forum I'm going to call bullshit

    CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
    No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other forums, Facebook pages, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.
    Last edited by cozdude; 12-28-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

    2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

    Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

  3. #3
    Old Timer Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    4,080
    I'd be surprised to see that actually happening, especially in a vehicle with removable roof panels. I call BS too

  4. #4
    Knows a Thing or Two Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    521
    Sounds as if that would take a softop out of the realm of possibility so let's hope not.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Old Timer Napalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Flint, TX
    Posts
    4,494
    IMG_1461.JPG
    Just no!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #6
    Knows a Thing or Two Kalums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    776
    If they do it will be completely idiotic, their safety ratings will hit the trash and they will lose a lot of business. If you want a Jeep w/o a removable top... You don't want a Jeep, or atleast not a wrangler.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Knows a Thing or Two Hot94Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lexington MO
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    If they do it will be completely idiotic, their safety ratings will hit the trash and they will lose a lot of business. If you want a Jeep w/o a removable top... You don't want a Jeep, or atleast not a wrangler.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Agreed on the part about the Jeep, also no way it would pass government regulation without a roll cage and a soft top, not on a Jeep.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    39,141
    No surprise, Jeep has been talking about this for quite some time. Convertibles or, in the case of a Jeep, topless vehicles are always a LOT heavier than an equivalent enclosed vehicle as so much more reinforcement is needed. Jeep has been trying hard to reduce the weight of the Wrangler for while now to meet federal standards. The new JL will feature a body with removable panels to give it the "open" feel. Structurally, it should be more ridged as technically, just as safe if not safer.

  9. #9
    Knows a Thing or Two Kalums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    No surprise, Jeep has been talking about this for quite some time. Convertibles or, in the case of a Jeep, topless vehicles are always a LOT heavier than an equivalent enclosed vehicle as so much more reinforcement is needed. Jeep has been trying hard to reduce the weight of the Wrangler for while now to meet federal standards. The new JL will feature a body with removable panels to give it the "open" feel. Structurally, it should be more ridged as technically, just as safe if not safer.
    So Rock Hard 4x4 will be making some serious $$ on some full cages... Sounds good to me. I don't know about everyone else but no matter what the parent company says a vehicle with a cage is safer than w/o. Plus the wrangler will always be a higher roll over probability, simply because of its size, shape and design. I guess I'm just trying to say it seems dumb to me no matter how much weight you save.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #10
    Nothing but a Thing 2nd.gunman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    So Rock Hard 4x4 will be making some serious $$ on some full cages... Sounds good to me. I don't know about everyone else but no matter what the parent company says a vehicle with a cage is safer than w/o. Plus the wrangler will always be a higher roll over probability, simply because of its size, shape and design. I guess I'm just trying to say it seems dumb to me no matter how much weight you save.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The point is that the body structure will be stronger than a simple tubular cage. It's not that it won't have any roll over protection it's just that it won't look like a traditional cage.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •