Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    In other news massive layoffs in the Jeep grab handle sector....

Sent from my duck blind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.gunman View Post
    The point is that the body structure will be stronger than a simple tubular cage. It's not that it won't have any roll over protection it's just that it won't look like a traditional cage.
    This ^^^^^

I think once the panels are off, the overall look of the JL will still "look" topless or toplessish - it just won't have what looks like a simple tubular cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    So Rock Hard 4x4 will be making some serious $$ on some full cages... Sounds good to me. I don't know about everyone else but no matter what the parent company says a vehicle with a cage is safer than w/o. Plus the wrangler will always be a higher roll over probability, simply because of its size, shape and design. I guess I'm just trying to say it seems dumb to me no matter how much weight you save.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This ^^^^^

I think once the panels are off, the overall look of the JL will still "look" topless or toplessish - it just won't have what looks like a simple tubular cage.
    Don't forget, we already make interior cages for Jeeps that do not have a factory tubular cage. Take a look at our Cherokee and Grand Cherokee cages. The upside of all this again is our patented locking collars. They allow us to give you a fully functional sport cage no matter what Jeep does.

This will probably mean drilling required to mount some of our tubing to floor, but beyond that - still means no welding.

ROCK HARD 4X4
    PREMIUM - PATENTED - PROVEN / 100% Made in the USA Jeep Armor
    Toll Free: (844) ROCK-HARD / 762-5427
    Email: sales@rockhard4x4.com or send us a PM
    Site: www.rockhard4x4.com
    Instructions and Videos: www.rockhard4x4.com/INSTRUCTIONS
    Follow RH4x4: Facebook / YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK HARD 4X4 View Post
    Don't forget, we already make interior cages for Jeeps that do not have a factory tubular cage. Take a look at our Cherokee and Grand Cherokee cages. The upside of all this again is our patented locking collars. They allow us to give you a fully functional sport cage no matter what Jeep does.

This will probably mean drilling required to mount some of our tubing to floor, but beyond that - still means no welding.

LOL!! Oh, I have no doubts that you guys would have an answer for this. My only point was to say that it won't be like the JL won't have protection, just not the kind that we're all used to.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Oh, I have no doubts that you guys would have an answer for this. My only point was to say that it won't be like the JL won't have protection, just not the kind that we're all used to.
    Correct - as Jeep does it's thing, so will we.
    ROCK HARD 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK HARD 4X4 View Post

Could you explain what the difference is between your "patented locking collars" and say a tierod clamp that PSC makes, besides the size?

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Could you explain what the difference is between your "patented locking collars" and say a tierod clamp that PSC makes, besides the size?
    Completely different intent of use. Our patent is on the theory of connecting structural tube with a collar creating a solid junction to any other structural tube. Using a collar to create a cage in essence. The same logic will apply when the JL comes out, even if it does not turn out to have factory tubing.

Our patent:
    http://www.google.com.ar/patents/US6908107
    Last edited by ROCK HARD 4X4; 12-29-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    ROCK HARD 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
    Just read on the Jeep Experience FB page that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler is going to eliminate the interior roll cage.
    How do you guys feel about that?

The way that picture looks, I could imagine the soft top running on the "rails" that make up the upper body frame. Not exactly sure what they'd do for the side windows...maybe they'll still be zip in

The one benefit to the look of that pic is that half doors still look possible

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

So, is this an actual JL? And is nobody going to ask, what the hell are those vents in the front quarter panel, and where the duck are the hood latches!?

Aside from that, the roll cage issue seems minuscule. The one we have now isn't all that anyways. Most people put an aftermarket one in for a reason.
    I'm sure companies will start pushing product before the JL is 6 months old.
    It's a Jeep.
    Innovation follows.

--------------------

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
    – Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

New 2018 Wrangler, without Roll Cage?

Wow very interesting. Would have never thought that jeep would have made so many dramatic changes.