Rausch Creek (open to dates)

Ddays

Hooked
You might be able to get me up there again this year, but it's gotta be doors and tops off weather first. Is it nice enough in April/June for that?

Mid May into june deff no doors weather :rock:

IDK man, May is iffy - hell we had a frost here last year late in May. Early-mid June we still have 50 deg mornings. Drove to work one day last year like that & froze my nuts off!

scull20

IDK man, May is iffy - hell we had a frost here last year late in May. Early-mid June we still have 50 deg mornings. Drove to work one day last year like that & froze my nuts off!

It's those shitty TruckLites of yours...damn things don't get hot enough to warm up anything. Don't even get me started about how shitty they are at throwing light.

...where'd I put that damn bar graph that proves I'm right.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's those shitty TruckLites of yours...damn things don't get hot enough to warm up anything. Don't even get me started about how shitty they are at throwing light.

...where'd I put that damn bar graph that proves I'm right.

Don't forget about how they flicker all the time and cause seizures up in Canada. Damn Canadians

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

Hmm, I really want to do a spring run with some Wayalife peeps and it seems easier to go up to RC. Too bad there's not more public trails in WV since that's about half way.

North Carolina in May is already up to high 80's. Guess I'm spoiled.

Ddays

Hooked
The hotels are only a few miles from RC and if you go the back way you'll only be going 35-40 mph so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you stash your doors there. If you camp that's even closer.
Still fun with the doors on. I left mine on first trip cause I didn't want to dick around carrying my doors up to the elevator in the hotel. Honestly, some of those water crossings are sketchy whether you can make it across without
taking on some of that shitty water if you go doorless too :icon_crazy:

ak49

The hotels are only a few miles from RC and if you go the back way you'll only be going 35-40 mph so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you stash your doors there. If you camp that's even closer.
Still fun with the doors on. I left mine on first trip cause I didn't want to dick around carrying my doors up to the elevator in the hotel. Honestly, some of those water crossings are sketchy whether you can make it across without
taking on some of that shitty water if you go doorless too :icon_crazy:

How deep are the water crossings in the spring (generally)? How does RC compare to Moab?

Ddays

Hooked
How deep are the water crossings in the spring (generally)? How does RC compare to Moab?

I've only been there twice so I haven't seen all of the water crossings yet and I haven't been there in the Spring so I don't know what to tell you for sure. Coz & Sheaffadelic could answer that better than I. But this place 'aint the Sierra Nevadas in the Springtime either! I can say that guys on 35's were right at that level where they could've taken on water if they were doorless.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Nothing out here on the east compares to Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
What mountainjk said. This place is no where near Moab on any scale. What I can say tho is that it's a different type of wheeling.

I've only been there twice so I haven't seen all of the water crossings yet and I haven't been there in the Spring so I don't know what to tell you for sure. Coz & Sheaffadelic could answer that better than I. But this place 'aint the Sierra Nevadas in the Springtime either! I can say that guys on 35's were right at that level where they could've taken on water if they were doorless.

Yea it can get kinda deep depending on how much rain they got the weeks prior. If they do we can always avoid the few spots that get deep for those that sit lower and are doorless

scull20

I would've gotten moist without doors on this one. Pre-lift and 35s 20151005_191648000_iOS.jpg 20151004_015302000_iOS.jpg

Otherwise I'd say the deep stuff is avoidable. Puddles and pools will happen, but nothing to be overly concerned with.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm in. Been twice with novajeepers and had a blast.

Water is deep. I had mud on the carpets coming in from the doors and felt water under the floorboards.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom