Jacking on an uneven surface.

BaddestCross

Good wheel chocks and sturdy, well-placed jack stands will serve you well. My driveway is on an incline and I've had no problems (knock on wood). However, with your list of accidents, I'd probably be worried too. I'd also invest in one of these... 😂

f219_bubble_wrap_suit_new.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey ScoobyCarolanNC. To very basically answer your question, yes. Putting the jeep in 4lo or 4hi locks the front diff to the rear diff since there is no center diff in the transfer case. So if the E-brake is on and/or the trans is in park the jeep shouldn't roll away if you lift the rear end off the ground. But as others have stated, you just can't be TOO careful. If you are gonna jack the jeep up and you are leery of getting under it, put your tires under it too.
When I'm under my jeep with the tires off, I try to put the tires under the axles or in a place where if the jeep did fall off the jackstand it would hopefully not squash me completely flat.

Forgot to say thanks! This is what I figured, but I'm glad to be validated by another member. Happy new years!

Sent from my duck blind.

Top Bottom