Tread depth for snow

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Hello fellas, I was planning on taking the family up to Big bear tomorrow but my front tires are at between 4/32-5/32. Do you guys think this a little to low? Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
Hello fellas, I was planning on taking the family up to Big bear tomorrow but my front tires are at between 4/32-5/32. Do you guys think this a little to low? Thanks

if you're worried about it I wouldn't chance it. if you do go, make sure you have emergency supplies, water snacks and plenty of "keep you warm" items (gloves, pocket heaters, ear bands, heavy socks)

when I lived in snow country I carried a box of winter supplies and it served me well more than once.

one time I slid off the road during a whiteout snowfall (pre cell phone era). my friends and I decided to spend the night instead of fighting the storm with trying to dig out in the dark. woke up to the sound of snowplows only to discover they had buried us, we were able to crawled out the windows and dug ourselves out.

point is be prepared. I'm glad we didn't try and dig out in the dark, everyone stayed dry and warm and we had enough sleeping bags/blankets to stay warm while cycling the Jeep on and off for extra heat.

Top Bottom