Long time 2000 XJ owner, finally mod ready

XJADDICTION

Banned
2" bb on top of 4.5 Tereflex coils (I tried all coils available at the time and Tereflex had the best spring rate for me, Rancho 9000's, RE adj. control arms, Tereflex adj. track bar, sleeved tie rod everything OTK, RE drop steering arm, RE leaf pack in the rear with some leaves removed, added some leaves from wagoner, Tereflex 1.5" shackles with clearanced unibody box sheeetal, reinforced with welded rear bumper and cross member unibody mounts. I just kept changing leaves to get the ride I wanted.

Cherokees with leaves in the back and coils up front have ability to really flex, just have to do a lot of fender cutting, and the right back spacing. My XJ was always smallest tire on the rides I went on. Next size jeep had 38's. Picking the right lines, wheel base of XJ (this was right before JK came out), auto lockers front and rear, and flex let me run with the big dogs. When they trailered up, I unlocked Tereflex hubs, hooked swaybars back up, aired up, and drove the XJ back home with the trailer queens far behind. Then daily drive to work the rest of the week. [emoji41]

Still love the XJ, my JK really reminds me of the XJ with the benefit of open top and doors off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

XJADDICTION

Banned
Oh, ran 35" super swamped trays 35x12.50 on 15 x 10 MT's 3.5" back spacing.

IMG_4108.JPG

Re drop bracket are really less expensive now. No More DW on CJ with these and flex is much better.

IMG_4107.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SMOKYMANCE

Took her for some trail riding (icy dirt roads, lol) upnorth last weekend up at my friends lake cabin...

Then took her home and started on a new bumper, was lucky to find one of the last OR-FAB bumpers...winch is next...have to find one that is low profile so the little box (i believe its the electrical box) doesn't stick out past the bumper...

LM

SMOKYMANCE

Finally got the bumper lined up and mounted...steering box gave me a few extra hrs of work as one of the bolts busted. The steering box spacer also decided to crumble into pieces...

SMOKYMANCE

Thanks guys!

I gotta find some new lights to fit under the bull bar...those flood cubes i have are older /cheap versions...they dont really light up the road driving, all they do is light up streets sights when ON.

SMOKYMANCE

Had a chance to finally test fit the 35s w the current 3" lift and stock flares...did a little bit of trimming, and she can drive around (no flexing) without rubbing...goal is to have flares, thats why i was limited on how much i could trim...next are bigger fender flares...but for now ill wait a bit till the re-geared axles are ready

Trimmed Stock fenders about 1" or so...

Long arm kit is on the way, gotta figure out what new rear leafs i want and front coils...then its onto measuring up for shocks :crazyeyes:

XJADDICTION

Banned
With 35's your going to need to cut the hell out of those fenders if you want flex . Definitely worth it though. I ran TJ flares on my XJ, but now there are many options available. Once you put the sawzall to metal, you won't look back.

Image1490561713.560664.jpg

Image1490562235.707666.jpg

About 7"es of lift, no rub, crazy flex. Tereflex adj. control arms, RE drop brackets, 6" Tereflex coils, rancho RS 9000 shocks. Rear leaves were RE with couple of leaves removed and added leaves from stock and other lifts. Tereflex rear shackles with rear leaf boxes trimmed up a bit. Front pinch seam sliced and folded. Rear fenders pie cut, folded and sealed. This was 10 years ago so a lot more available today for the XJs.

Stock 2016 JKUHR

deadguy

Love my old xj.... 01 re 3.5 lift on 32s trimmed up and open diffs. Beat the hell.out of that thing and daily drove it for years. 29473_380164638638_5251886_n.jpeg

Sent from a guy with a jeep

muddzz

Looks great. I imagine much better than stock both in looks and performance.

What size is the higher amp alternator did you install? A small or large frame Denso? You can upgrade a stock small frame Denso another 40 to 50 amps by installing a better rated stator and possibly a new rectifier.

Appears you're borderline for a SYE? Some people install a SYE with only a ~3" lift. Stock XJ's drivelines and TC really only allow for another inch, inch and a half of lift.

SMOKYMANCE

Looks great. I imagine much better than stock both in looks and performance.

What size is the higher amp alternator did you install? A small or large frame Denso? You can upgrade a stock small frame Denso another 40 to 50 amps by installing a better rated stator and possibly a new rectifier.

Appears you're borderline for a SYE? Some people install a SYE with only a ~3" lift. Stock XJ's drivelines and TC really only allow for another inch, inch and a half of lift.

I installed an alternator from a Durango from what i recall...it was a 160a or something? you had to worry about was the plug matched then the rest works fine...i just have to upgrade my wiring to take full advantage of it...i really dont have any high powered accessories tho...my 100w halogen headlights are directly wired to the battery by a relay so they dont even use any of the weak stock wiring...

Right now it has spacers on the trans cross member which i am not a fan of...i dont like the idea of lifting a jeep while dropping the tcase etc back down...

With the new long arm kit on the way that cross member will be replaced and go back up to the unibody with no spacers...and ill install a slip yoke eliminator...

Goal right now is to just get it 4.5 or 5.5 lift but no more with fenders flares.

SMOKYMANCE

Thanks...im really having trouble finding the OR FAB rear bumper since they no longer make them :grayno:

First time riding it today on the freeway w the wheels...cant wait to get the gears in there, shes really a dog!

Got home and aired down the tires a bit...they are made for full size trucks, so the little XJ is no task for them.

Rears are at 24psi and fronts are at 28psi and they still dont lay down a full patch...

Also took off those two front cubes which didn't do much and replaced it with a 22" light bar!

Now patiently waiting for the long arm kit to come in the mail.

LM

SMOKYMANCE

New steering is also installed for a test fit. Long arm kit is here and painted. Found a set of Deaver rear leafs as well that ill clean up and install with new bushings.

After the front c gussets are welded on the front axle and the liberty rear disc conversion installed in the rear, she should be ready for tear down

Top Bottom