JANE... a CALAMITY No More!

RWT

Id love to hear more about the gauge lighting/refurb...did you replace everything or just clean? What products did you use for the actual lights? Etc. That is definitely on my list of things to do.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Absolutely tremendous. Pardon me if you've already answered this, I may have missed it, but is that hydro blue pearl? It really is a stunning color in person.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Id love to hear more about the gauge lighting/refurb...did you replace everything or just clean? What products did you use for the actual lights? Etc. That is definitely on my list of things to do.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I ended up replacing the oil pressure gauge being that what was there wasn't original anyway. I installed a Stewart Warner gauge that's really close to factory. Everything else I took apart, cleaned up and touched up with new paint. The lights are just standard incandescent bulbs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely tremendous. Pardon me if you've already answered this, I may have missed it, but is that hydro blue pearl? It really is a stunning color in person.:rock:

It's a factory Jetset Blue Metallic. It's what she came with from the factory back in 1974.

mauijim

Brings back so many memories of my "75" CL-5 I had. After watching the last video when you started it up and drove off gave me goosebumps hearing it. Had it 6 years and built her up, then it was stolen and never seen her since. That was 1986. The clutch linkage was horrible back then. Had zip ties holding everything so when it fell apart I wouldn't loose parts on the trails. Lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been meaning to do this for a while now but finally got around to cleaning up our old winch plate and having it powder coated. Like new again [emoji41]
final.jpg

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of little touches. Here's the first of Jane's many emblems that we intent to put back on her.

20170224201836-9e20aa83-me.jpg

Top Bottom