JANE... a CALAMITY No More!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been meaning to post up. Had a chance to look at all the pics the other day.

What an awesome job you guys did tearing down and building back up Jane. She looks great. [emoji41][emoji106]

Thanks! It's been a hell of a lot of work but so much fun :yup:

Looking great! I wasn't too sure about that factory color when you chose it but seeing it now completely changes my mind.

LOL!! It is a LOT of blue but after seeing some old pics of what it looked like, we were sold.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a beaut! Do you plan on putting a top on jane or leaving her topless?

I always got a kick out of those speedos. 90mph in one of these? :eek: I never wanted to drive my buddies over 45!!

She did come with a brand new Bestop soft top and we do plan on using it but we didn't want to install it until her paint fully cured. That won't be until mid February and by that time, we may not even need it until next winter. :crazyeyes:

As far as the speedo goes, I've gotten her up to 75 on the highway and she felt stable. 90 might be pushing it though :shock:

jeeeep

Hooked
it looks great!

so great I'm driving out over the weekend to see if that Jeep I kept seeing on the side of rural road all summer is still for sale :doh:

M38A1Driver

Nice job you guys. I like the sliders. Did you have to modify them much to get them to fit? will you be re mounting the winch?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow...she sure came out great...is that a manual choke to the right of the speedometer?

Actually, what you're looking at is the factory cigar lighter. At least, that's what it's called in the FSM :cool:

Nice job you guys. I like the sliders. Did you have to modify them much to get them to fit? will you be re mounting the winch?

Nope. They fit just fine along the sides but I did need to fashion a spacer to bolt it up to the bottom. We will for sure be reinstalling the winch but we'd like to get it cleaned up a bit first. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't had too much of a chance to work on Jane but I was able to install a new tachometer. Couldn't find me an AMC one or at least, not as of yet but thought this was pretty close.

20170113193407-2282fd08-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a pic of an AMC one so we can keep a look out?

Yup, sure do and as it turns out, it's even on a CJ5 that's the same color as Jane.

IMG_1247.jpg

I've seen them pop up on ebay from time to time but a good one typically sells for more that I've been willing to spend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a pretty good match

Thanks. There are a ton of tachs out there but most were too modern or too shiny or to old looking or too hot rod looking. Most went up to 8k or more and some just looked way too cheap. Surprisingly, it was hard to find something as plain jane (no pun intended) as this.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Thanks. There are a ton of tachs out there but most were too modern or too shiny or to old looking or too hot rod looking. Most went up to 8k or more and some just looked way too cheap. Surprisingly, it was hard to find something as plain jane (no pun intended) as this.

I missed what kind it was
I like it and wouldn't mind one on my CJ7

Any info would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom