Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

JANE... a CALAMITY No More!

Back in August, Cindy and I came across an old 1974 Jeep CJ5 Renegade for sale up in Truckee, immediately fell in love with her and promptly brought her home with us. Over the last 4 and a half months, we've worked countless hours to strip her down, clean her up, fix what we could, replace what we couldn't and had her painted back to her original factory color of Jetset Blue Metallic. It's been a crazy labor of love but I gotta tell you, it was oh so worth it and a job made easier thanks to companies like Omix-ADA who still make and sell Jeep restoration, repair and replacement parts.

As a reminder, this is what this Jeep looked like after we brought her home.

While she's far from perfect and will most likely always be a work in progress, our hope was to breath a little new life into some old iron and after putting her all back together again, this is what she looks like now and just in time for the New Year to come.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you, the all new CALAMITY JANE....

A few shots from the front.

Here are a few shots of the back before we reinstalled her factory tire carrier.

Here are a few shots of Jane after we re-installed her factory tire mount and spare tire on it.

Slightly different lighting.

A few shots of the dash.

Shots of the floor by the shifters.

Some detail shots highlighting the Trucklite LED head lights, new indicator lights, side marker lights and new Omix-ADA LED tail lights and reverse lights.

A few close up shots of the Poison Spyder rocker guards.

Shot of Janes JEEP logo.

Finally, here are a few shots that we took while testing out her lights to make sure they all worked.

Here are a few shots of Jane's dash to show how we were able to get all her gauges lit up too.

Here are a few shots of Jane with just her lights on and the overheads in the garage off.

While we do have all the original 1974 Jeep CJ5 Renegade decals and emblems in hand, we'll need to wait until February for her paint to fully cure before we can get her stickered up.

To see more pics of what Jane looked like when we first brought her home, click on the link below:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...p-CJ5-Renegade

We hope you like what you see and we hope that you'll continue to follow the video series we're working on that highlights all the work we've done to breath new life into some old iron and make some sense of the Calamity that is all Jane.

Holy crap! Good job on making Jane a shiny piece of old iron. Your passion and love for the Jeep brand are evident in Jane.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fucking LOVE IT!!! Jane looks amazing!!
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 35 Nitto Mud Grapplers, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- 37's, Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Knows a Thing or Two TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Great work! I can't believe how far your Jeep has come. It really looks good

Sweet! I am Jealous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very pretty. Amazing rebuild. Looks like you put new exhaust on as well? And what's up with the winch? Are you re-finishing that too?

(Jaw drop) beautiful!!