Show Your Flashlight

jeeeep

Hooked
my nightstand and all around when on the road Surefire:

defender.jpg

When the power goes out in the neighborhood - this can light up an entire room nicely, just stand it on end, got it from Costco

feit_D.jpg

General all around in each Jeep - Costco 3 or 4 pack, can't remember

duracell.jpg

The felt came with other smaller light but when I dropped them on the carpet, they quit working. Every light I've used that has a flash pulse has failed after dropping it.

I've found the single function lights to be more durable.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My EDC is a Streamlight ProTac HL. Really happy with it. It does run off the CR123 batteries but is a great little light.

I have several other lights at home but this is my main one I use.

I just bought one of these. 700 lumens is crazy bright in such a small package. Scheel's has them for $70. I'm going to get a few more.

IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3530.JPG

Last edited:

RUBEERCON

I have purchased some high end led lights and they are advertised but don't forget the 20-25 dollar budget lights.

SAMs Tasco 3 pack for under 7.00 each, they are non rechargeable unless you buy rechargeable batteries. Focus beam is nice and they look way brighter than 250 LM. I have 9 of these in various places.
IMG_2195.JPG

The 20.00 Atak has a nice focus beam like the Tasco and its brighter with a larger pattern but I doubt it's 1000LM. It's dam sure bright, non rechargeable.
IMG_2196.JPG

Amazon 25.00 headlamps are silly bright and cheap. Rechargeable and low to high settings.
IMG_2197.JPG

My favorite lights with long battery life are the super bright Dewalt line. If you already have their tools and batteries the Dewalt lights are a no brainer.
IMG_2198.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_5236.jpg This is my go to. EDC. Surefire peacekeeper 600 lumens. I also use it for the classes I teach on low light. Runs on a rechargeable 18650. It's never let me down and I have beat the hell out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesrw30

I just bought one of these. 700 lumens is crazy bright in such a small package. Scheel's has them for $70. I'm going to get a few more.

View attachment 242520
View attachment 242521

It is definitely crazy bright. I generally run mine on low just due to the battery life on high. I think it is about 1.5 hours on high. And the low setting has been plenty bright for everything I need at 35 lumens. I bought mine on Amazon but it may have been a little more than that. Thank you for the reference to Sheel's. Never heard of them.

JeepDrum

Well I picked up a microstream because of this thread. I've been carrying it at work and I'm happy with it. It's the first light like this I've ever purchased. The momentary switch is nice. Usually I just get whatever is a few dollars at Walmart or something. I'm already looking at what to buy next. I'm thinking about something maybe slightly larger to keep in the night stand. Anyone have an opinion about ThruNite or Atactical? There are some inexpensive options from them on Amazon.

20170209_231242.jpg

madstiles

Well I picked up a microstream because of this thread. I've been carrying it at work and I'm happy with it. It's the first light like this I've ever purchased. The momentary switch is nice. Usually I just get whatever is a few dollars at Walmart or something. I'm already looking at what to buy next. I'm thinking about something maybe slightly larger to keep in the night stand. Anyone have an opinion about ThruNite or Atactical? There are some inexpensive options from them on Amazon.

View attachment 243483
I have a trustfire I think is the name it takes 18650 batteries came with charger and batteries was like 10 bucks works great have had it for years super bright only complaint is I don't like to have to go through all modes to get the brightest setting wish it was just on and off why the hell do I need 3 different strobe settings I'm not taking it to a rave lol I think all of the Amazon ones are pretty much the same just different name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I have a trustfire I think is the name it takes 18650 batteries came with charger and batteries was like 10 bucks works great have had it for years super bright only complaint is I don't like to have to go through all modes to get the brightest setting wish it was just on and off why the hell do I need 3 different strobe settings I'm not taking it to a rave lol I think all of the Amazon ones are pretty much the same just different name

How long have you had it and how long do those batteries last? The new one I got takes the 18650 and is rechargeable, just wondering if they will have to be replaced every so many years.

madstiles

How long have you had it and how long do those batteries last? The new one I got takes the 18650 and is rechargeable, just wondering if they will have to be replaced every so many years.
I'd say 4 years still same batteries I read somewhere they start to decline after around 350 charges or so but I haven't noticed. Great little lights

WJCO

Meme King
Bump.

Thinking of getting an 80s style MagLite. Anyone have any feedback they'd like to share?

Top Bottom