Made in USA? Does it matter?

Rome

I feel that buying American made products is the life blood of the American economy. I try to have all of the clothes "and when I say all I mean all" that I wear everyday be made in the USA. This is no small feet. I can't just go out and buy them it takes some planing buying on line. I would love if the locally owned stores would carry more believe me I have tried to talk them into caring more.
I also do the same when trying to buy anything else from refrigerator to furniture to the person that answers the phone for customer service and anything to do with my Jeep. I am not always successful and other times I build it myself if there is not another option.
We all have the NEXT job sent overseas.
I Love the USA and the American Worker!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

spookyg00k

i try to buy American most of the time, but as others here have said, its hard to some times.

financially its not always feasible, and so i divide it. things that i trust with my life, i try to buy US, things that are wear and tear, i buy whats cost effective

Lil Nasty

We got a look at the living conditions that those overseas workers must endure. There's a moral aspect to it that we just assume some of our competitors either don't care about or have just overlooked. Many manufacturers in the off road industry have fallen for profit margin gains but willing to suffer the human loss. To us, companies based here but who have their parts made overseas are just as guilty. Would you work those hours, in those conditions, for that pay, if the role was reversed?

This is my reason. Just think of how much better your work is when you're happy vs miserable just trying to survive. I want my stuff made by happy people here in America with certifications and quality control inspections.

Not every company treats there employees the same here in the states and some don't do quality control much either. I find those companies sort themselves out.

Bigjimbo

I'm actually surprised that trail ready wheels aren't more popular here - specially because they are 100% made in the USA.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Many have heard me say it here on Wayalife plenty of times in the past. American made means everything to me. I buy American whenever I can. My last rig was built with predominantly American parts and so will my current rig, even if it cost more. I support American workers and I could not expect good quality American parts if I didn't buy any. In addition, you get better built parts that last longer and are more durable. Hell, I try to buy everything American made from the hammock I sleep in when working overseas to the sandals on my feet. Mercia!

Ddays

Hooked
I go out of my way to purchase made in USA items, but damn it's hard sometimes! I know I'm dating myself here but does anyone else remember when Walmart was still run by Sam Walton? There were signs throughout those stores proudly saying "Made in the USA" EVERYWHERE. I remember the first Walmart I was in was down in Atlanta in the mid-80's. I was amazed how many of those signs there were throughout the whole store.
One of the companies I have ties to used to make the weight sets that York Barbell Co supplied to the Walmarts back then so that they could advertise the fact that they were manufactured here. Sadly since he's been gone there
has been a rush to buy cheap goods to fill those stores. They're one of the biggest offenders and everyone else in retail is pretty much forced to follow suit in order to compete. Imagine the kind of message they could send if they
brought their purchasing power back here?

Roadglide-Rider

I am not an American, so don't have any Nationalist loyalty to buy American made products. However, I have to endorse what Eddie has said about the quality of the American made product - you know that you are buying a quality item that will last the test of time! I choose to drive a Jeep and ride a Harley-davidson motorcycle - I could buy cheaper in Europe but I know that if I keep to American made model specific items, they shouldn't let me down.

Just my two penneth for what it's worth!

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I've been a small business owner for 30 years...not only do I support American made products whenever possible, I also try to support local business in whatever state I happen to be in...whether in Hawaii or Washington...or any other state while on the road...

I cannot even begin to tell you how important this is to me...

gheller

I like much of the responses to this thread. There is a good healthy dose of patriotism, national pride as well as the realization that this is a global market we exist in and it's ok to purchase products from other countries as long as they're reputable and good quality.
I try to buy American made goods whenever possible but I have no problem purchasing from overseas, even China, as long as I know the company/manufacturer is reputable and produces quality goods. Unfortunately, I'm very weary of giving my business to many Chinese companies, such as the ones you see flooding goods on eBay, etc

Good business ethics is something important to me and that applies to American companies as well. (Which is why I have Trail Rockers and not that other brand)

Supporting American workers and our economy is also important to me. You'll never catch me purchasing those bootleg DVDs ...

Draconianwinter

My two cents. When it comes to metals. American steel is definitely best out of the options you will find most used by companies. Steel made in China trends to rust faster and sorry but I find it is not as strong. I hailed steel for years as a open deck carrier. While most wouldn't know what coil was from China and what one was from America I did. And the amount of rust that would appear on Chinese steel was horrible. American steel would also rust but not nearly as much. Also I have seen many problems with durability on parts made in China using Chinese steel. Yes you can get a Chinese made bumper for easily half the cost of most American made ones, but I will bet it will not last nearly as long. Also if we want this country to be what it was and for jobs to come back here then we need to buy the Yes that we can that are made here. Now yes there are some things that are way over priced. Not paying 100.00 or more for a pair of jeans just because they are made here. I would love to be able to afford them, but no not happening when I will just destroy them in a year.

sent from your basement

JKbrick

I too use what I can in my business that is made in USA. I don't want to use a brand name don't know if I'm supposed to but I'm lucky enough to be able to buy clothes made here too. When carhartt quit making the style of jeans I like for work I noticed a lot of them were not made here so I started looking for work jeans and found a clothing website that sells nothing but made in USA clothes. Ordered a couple pair of jeans and got them today, they are really nice. Only $98 including shipping for two pairs. Anyways please everyone spend your money here, "make America great again"

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eugene

I won't buy an inferior product just to get a "Made in USA" label but, all other things being roughly equal, I definitely go domestic.

chris4x4

I try to buy Made in USA as much as possible. If I cant get a USA made thing-A-majig I'm looking for, I'll at least try to buy from an Allied country.

OhNoTheJiggies

I prefer buying things made in America. Try to most of the time. I'll buy quality American made products before I buy quality Chinese products. Obviously American before cheap Chinese garbage items too. But there are times that I cant find a doo-hickey, that I've been eyeballin, that's made in the U S of A.

xman4602

Especially to the American workers and their families.

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

Top Bottom