Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

A recent article written by Adrian Padeanu on Motor1.com had little to no new information regarding the Jeep JL Wrangler that slated to be relased later this year but they did have a host of new spy shots posted up and some that might interest you. As you can see below, you can get a pretty good idea of what the new squared off screened grill will look like and the close up shot of the tire does point to it running at least a 265/70R17. Hard to say for sure but it could even be a 285 which would be really nice. In one of the shots, you can kind of see the passenger side dash and air vent and being that it looks so much like a current JK, I'd have to say that this is still just a test mule. At least, it would be lame if Jeep didn't come up with a new look inside. On a side note, I do find it odd that we have yet to see a single spy shot of a 2-door JL Wrangler. Kind of makes you wonder about its future.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think about these spy shots. I know some of you have really good eyes and I've love for you to point out things that I might have missed

Here's the link to the Motor1.com article where all these photos were found. In it, you'll see information regarding plans to have the JK continue production for several months after the JL is released.
    http://www.motor1.com/news/132483/20...tion-november/

So far as we know, we should be able to see official press releases on the Jeep JL Wrangler by September 2017.

By November 2017, people should be able to place an order for a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Official production of the Jeep JL Wrangler should begin by November 15, 2017

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar

NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots

What is going on with those mirrors!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It almost looks like the grill is a throwback to the old YJ grill...

I bet you measure your dick from your asshole. -piginajeep

Yep, those mirrors are serious.

The fender shape looks like they may hug the body more. I definitely see solid axles which is a good thing.

They sure are doing a good job of keeping this body style under wraps. I'm very curious to see what it looks like.

"A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Troncalli Jeep Representative longarmwj's Avatar
    I'm digging that grill design!! I just wish they would show more of it instead of covering up every part of it
    "Jebidiah" 2003 WJ with some stuff. Build Thread
    13 WK2 stock minus exhaust

* Good point on the 2 door - that'd be a shocker if they dropped that though.
    * Can't tell if the windshield still folds but honestly can't see why that would really matter anymore
    * front lower control arms look like current version & not the version on the RAM pickups?
    * that's a damn good disguise - can't really pick much out!

Edit - are the control arms tubular now? I tried enlarging the photo but it loses too much detail & I can't see for sure.
    Last edited by Ddays; 01-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Love the mirrors! Are those available to order?
    JK07

'07 JKUR Red Rock
    EVO Enforcer Pro S1 :: EVO 1/4lb w/stinger :: AEV tire carrier :: Poison Spyder rock brawler :: EVO rock skins, gussets, LCA :: RH/PS skids :: JE Reel 1350 front :: 5.13's :: 35" Nitto TG - 17" MT w/1.5" Spidertrax :: Bushwackers (PS wide alum to install) :: Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum :: Dynatrac ProGrips :: Truck-Lites :: DynoMax :: Trektop NX/Hardtop :: Cobra CB, Firestick :: Rockford Fosgate Boom Boom

Troncalli Jeep Representative longarmwj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    * Good point on the 2 door - that'd be a shocker if they dropped that though.
    * Can't tell if the windshield still folds but honestly can't see why that would really matter anymore
    * front lower control arms look like current version & not the version on the RAM pickups?
    * that's a damn good disguise - can't really pick much out!

Edit - are the control arms tubular now? I tried enlarging the photo but it loses too much detail & I can't see for sure.
    It would/wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2 door eventually. I know that when my inventory manager orders, he orders three 2 doors for every 10 4 doors. We sell way more 4 doors then two doors. But at the same time, Jeep knows that going away with a 2 door would drive away a lot of the fan base
    "Jebidiah" 2003 WJ with some stuff. Build Thread
    13 WK2 stock minus exhaust