NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

John Joyce

These shots seem to confirm the new euro-style front bumpers that meet the fenders. Also looks like there are white LED's on the fenders now as rumored.

Diesel_Ranger

I would like to guess that the covers over the mirrors prevent us from seeing the LED trim lights that they could have put on them, similar to the FJ perhaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

DK570

If they would find a way to shorten up the 4 door by about 8-10 inches, maybe there wouldn't be too many complaints about doing away with the 2 door.

I've seen some pics of a new 2 door. http://jeeplopedia.com/jeep-news/2-door-jl-wrangler-spotted/

Maybe the 4 door will be introduced 1st, then the 2 door a year later?

I do find the JKU wheelbase to be quite long (116") A XJ Cherokee was only 101.4" Even a Commander was only 109.5"!

bthomas

I'd be hard pressed to think that the 2-door would ever go away but I know it's becoming a lot harder for FCA to justify being that it has such a massive carbon footprint. If I recall, it's carbon footprint is bigger than a Hellcat Challenger. :shock:

Dammmit!!! So we get a bigger carbon footprint, but less than 1/2 the horse power?!?!?

I want my remaining 422HP to go with my footprint!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I cannot wait for the JL to finally be debuted! I just want to see what its going to look like with out all of the camouflage on it.

JKJody

It looks like the rear bumper is or very similar to a rubicon 10a/x/hardrock. The tarp is wrapped tightly around it, exposing the details of the bumper. At least this is what I think it is.

JKJody

Also i see something that resembles a "support structure" in the interior that, to me, doesn't look like a roll bar or at least there's no padding on it. Can't really tell.

JamesWyatt

Looks like the initial reports of the more vertical-looking grill were accurate. The flares may be a tad wider, but it still looks like they narrowed the front end as it slopes toward the grill. The net effect should be a more YJ/TJ-looking front visual. I'm bummed the windshield is more slanted, but I think the vertical grill is more important to the look of it overall.

The front bumper appears to angle upward at the ends even more than the current Hard Rock bumpers.

The bigger tires were long overdue. Also overdue would be factory wheels with backspacing to accommodate 35-37" tires.

The axle pumpkins look tucked up really high, but might be my imagination.

The rocker panels look angled in at the bottom, so I'm hoping the sheet metal along that area will come reinforced and act as a huge rock slider/guard.

desertrunner

Looks like the initial reports of the more vertical-looking grill were accurate. The flares may be a tad wider, but it still looks like they narrowed the front end as it slopes toward the grill. The net effect should be a more YJ/TJ-looking front visual. I'm bummed the windshield is more slanted, but I think the vertical grill is more important to the look of it overall.

The front bumper appears to angle upward at the ends even more than the current Hard Rock bumpers.

The bigger tires were long overdue. Also overdue would be factory wheels with backspacing to accommodate 35-37" tires.

The axle pumpkins look tucked up really high, but might be my imagination.

The rocker panels look angled in at the bottom, so I'm hoping the sheet metal along that area will come reinforced and act as a huge rock slider/guard.

Right! I noticed the same thing about the rockers. Not sure what's up with that huge slanted piece under the door and the frame looks super low, could be my imagination though. I wonder if they are using some sorta cover up to cover a new stock slider or if that's going to be just painted sheet metal or what. Looks kinda funky though the bottom of the door looks way higher over the frame than usual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I say the grill has a curved YJ style to it. The windshield definitely has a slant to it. Or so I think. Looks a lot like a JKU though.

spider

I suppose all these changes & acceptance will settle in for me (at least) once 5-6 years pass of seeing them on the roadways. I still miss certain features of the previous models and enjoy certain changes of the latter but man one thing that I just cant seem to approve of it how thin the sheet metal is. Its like a soda can, one touch and it crinkles!!!!
So depressing esp. for the price.

Anyway, why do the 2 door models have such a large carbon footprint compared to the 4 door?
I love the 2 door models. The 4 doors are nice too. But did they really need to stretch em any longer? Curious to hear ppl's opinions & reasoning on this.

DannyD

It's great to see the larger tires. I can't wait to see it unwrapped and I too am curious to why the 2 door has such a large carbon footprint.

Top Bottom