Dealerships

ManiacMagoo

Man can they really boil your blood. Some are better than others but some have their heads in places far deeper than their back side.

I had to drop my new 2016 Jeep Rubicon off Monday morning due to losing power steering. I was told they would call me as soon as they figured out what was wrong with it. Never received a call so I called at 5 knowing they would be closing. They stuck me on the phone with the lot boy and refused to talk to me but through him instead. Needless to say this kid told me 1900 miles on my Jeep it was fully non-driving and I'm screwed for a loaner rig. So I got off the phone knowing I had bought my Jeep 125 miles South of were I live because their Sales Manager didn't want to sell me one for some unknown issue. So basically finding out that they won't help with a loaner car since I didn't buy from them yet still won't talk to me made me send a lengthy email to the dealership owner. Sadly I've grown up in this are and have been around here for over 35 years with parents who owned local parts stores and ran them so they know the family and where thought of friends.

So today I called my dealership who sent me to Chrysler Care who then called the dealership trying to figure out what is going on. Needless to say the dealership said they are waiting for a power steering pump which I knew went out but then said they can't get a rack and pinion for it because it is back ordered and not released yet....... I was like wait these have a gear box are they that dumb, so know a full investigation is going on through FCA to figure out what this dealership is doing. Yet the end result is I'm without a rig for the next week or 2 and have to pay out of pocket for a rental for a warranty issue.

Anyone deal with something like this from a dealership? How do you not lose your mind and blow up on someone?

TRLJNKY

Damn sounds like you are getting hosed. Sorry to hear of the bad luck. Hope it all works out in the end. One thing Ive learned was squeaky wheel gets the grease so maybe your not making enough noise just yet. Not condoning losing your shit though lol.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Ddays

Hooked
Needless to say the dealership said they are waiting for a power steering pump which I knew went out but then said they can't get a rack and pinion for it because it is back ordered and not released yet.......

:cheesy: Did they actually say that ^^???? No shit it isn't released yet - it doesn't even exist!

ManiacMagoo

Ddays
Quote Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo View Post
Needless to say the dealership said they are waiting for a power steering pump which I knew went out but then said they can't get a rack and pinion for it because it is back ordered and not released yet.......
Did they actually say that ^^???? No shit it isn't released yet - it doesn't even exist!

Yes the Chrysler care representative said that is what he told them. When I questioned it he instantly said it qualified for investigation lol. Luckily for me I quit my job Saturday preparing to move here in the next few weeks so I'm at home anyways but still need to take care of stuff.

Yes the Chrysler care representative said that is what he told them. When I questioned it he instantly said it qualified for investigation lol. Luckily for me I quit my job Saturday preparing to move here in the next few weeks so I'm at home anyways but still need to take care of stuff.

if you arent working just go to the dealership every day and walk up to random people and tell them to leave. Thats what I would do.

Modit

With a 2016 Rubicon you should be automatically a member of Jeep Wave. I believe that gets you a rental for warranty repairs.
My dealer told me some dealers weren't telling customers about the automatic Jeep Wave membership. It also gets you 4 oil changes and tire rotations.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
With a 2016 Rubicon you should be automatically a member of Jeep Wave. I believe that gets you a rental for warranty repairs.
My dealer told me some dealers weren't telling customers about the automatic Jeep Wave membership. It also gets you 4 oil changes and tire rotations.

Correct. Chrysler customer care should have referred you straight to the Jeep Wave reps, they have a dedicated number. Look on Jeep.com/wave for number. You get loaners for anything even oil changes as part of the deal.

They will get you a loaner.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ManiacMagoo

I paid out of pocket for a loaner. Got the Jeep back today pretty pissed they left power steering fluid everywhere under the hood. Looked at wave but it said only for 1 day repairs.

Top Bottom