Strange that you Wayalife would bark at me like you had sand in your pussy

Sirjeepalot

I'm going to spread the word again.
Take it or leave it.[emoji106][emoji107][emoji481]

Previously "Sirjeepalot" I got off the phone with a Dana Spicer engineer and this is what he said about the end forging/yolk/Inner-C and Ultimate Dana 44.
Me: “Just about everyone I talk to recommends welding on Inner-C gussets on Dana 44’s because they bend. And that the Ultimate Dana 44 looks to be the same”
Engineer: "Dana axle end forgings are not the parts that these guys are bending, it's the axle tube, specifically the long side. Anything short of a car wreck is not going to bend the end forgings. These Jeep forums and Internet blogs have been feed a lie from who knows where and are full of BS. Furthermore if you weld on the gussets they sell for the end forgings, your “Inner-C” you'll actually make it weaker because of the heat needed to weld them on changes the grain size, structure and flow imparted by the forging process, so don't do that!”
Me: “What about putting sleeves in mine?”
Engineer: “I’m not in sales and can’t tell you what to buy or do, if done properly installing sleeves will help but it’s a Band-Aid at best, a single thicker tube is far stronger. If you are going to run 35" or 37" tires and actually go off-roading with your JK I would recommend whether or not you buy the Ultimate Dana 44 from us you should upgrade your front axle. Myself and the other Dana Spicer engineer’s specifically designed the Ultimate Dana 44 to address the week axle tubes, brackets and axle shafts among other things on the JK for off-road use with 37” tires. I will tell you we did in fact strengthen the end forgings as well. Above 37” tires I would go with the Dana 60 or the like.”
So, guys and gals….. Whether or not you believe what this engineer told me, I will be buying the Ultimate Dana 44 with 4.88’s because I will not be running anything bigger than 37” tires, nor will I drive my Jeep like a Rock Bouncer!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Previously "Sirjeepalot" I got off the phone with a Dana Spicer engineer and this is what he said about the end forging/yolk/Inner-C and Ultimate Dana 44.
Me: “Just about everyone I talk to recommends welding on Inner-C gussets on Dana 44’s because they bend. And that the Ultimate Dana 44 looks to be the same”
Engineer: "Dana axle end forgings are not the parts that these guys are bending, it's the axle tube, specifically the long side. Anything short of a car wreck is not going to bend the end forgings. These Jeep forums and Internet blogs have been feed a lie from who knows where and are full of BS. Furthermore if you weld on the gussets they sell for the end forgings, your “Inner-C” you'll actually make it weaker because of the heat needed to weld them on changes the grain size, structure and flow imparted by the forging process, so don't do that!”
Engineer: “I’m not in sales and can’t tell you what to buy or do, if done properly installing sleeves will help but it’s a Band-Aid at best, a single thicker tube is far stronger. If you are going to run 35" or 37" tires and actually go off-roading with your JK I would recommend whether or not you buy the Ultimate Dana 44 from us you should upgrade your front axle. Myself and the other Dana Spicer engineer’s specifically designed the Ultimate Dana 44 to address the week axle tubes, brackets and axle shafts among other things on the JK for off-road use with 37” tires. I will tell you we did in fact strengthen the end forgings as well. Above 37” tires I would go with the Dana 60 or the like.”
So, guys and gals….. Whether or not you believe what this engineer told me, I will be buying the Ultimate Dana 44 with 4.88’s because I will not be running anything bigger than 37” tires, nor will I drive my Jeep like a Rock Bouncer!

Ummm, welcome to WAYALIFE. Not sure what the point of this post was but hey, if a salesman was able to sell you on the product that he makes and sells, all I can say is that it's your Jeep, your money and you should do whatever you want with both.

Me, I have a hard time getting past the fact that the weak axle tubes your salesman spoke of is something THEY designed and chose to make anyway. I also have a hard time understanding how they can call their axle an "Ultimate" Dana 44 when in fact that the tubes are still only 2.5" in diameter like a Dana 30 and NOT 3" like a TRUE Dana 44 would have. Of course, this is to say nothing about their crappy plug welds that allow the tubes to spin but hey, if they say their end forgings don't bend, it must be true.

Lil Nasty

Steve-Irwin.jpg

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Damn your gullible...

Thanks for spreading the word! Again!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have not bought anything yet, so... Just passing on the information on from an engineer. Take it or leave it [emoji481]

Yeah, I've been told the same thing from one of their "engineers". I just passed you some real information as well and with facts you can check. I have nothing to gain and you can take them or leave them. For sure, it makes no difference to me.

Don't waste your time. Buy something made in America and that is proven time and time again... only one name comes to mind... dynatrac maybe?

jeeeep

Hooked

hmm what I read was a conversation where it appears one is talking about dana44 and the other about ultimate dana 44. but I think the engineer confirms the end forgings are also a weak spot in the statement "Myself and the other Dana Spicer engineer’s specifically designed the Ultimate Dana 44 to address the week axle tubes, brackets and axle shafts among other things on the JK for off-road use with 37” tires. I will tell you we did in fact strengthen the end forgings as well.

IMO the comment about weakening the ends when welding applies to all metals if too much heat is applied which is why it's recommended to stitch weld side to side to allow a cooling period and to have an experienced welder so only the necessary amount of heat is used.

Also, the box style gusset EVO came up with and a design that pretty much every vendor has moved to offers far greater strength and support than the old style single "S" shaped piece that used to be available and welded down the center of the C.

the stock tubes are still the weak link more so when running 37's or larger as they will eventually bend. hell I used to bend tubes in my old hot rod car days when I'd put wide tires on and race on the streets so bending axles is not a new problem and not limited to Jeeps.

I'm sure the engineers also have to make modifications to meet corporate financial goals. It's a competitive market and Mopar is late to the game.

I'll be looking forward to long term performance results but applaud them for moving in the right direction and finally acknowledging the Jeep owner's desires for more from a Jeep dubbed "Trail Ready" :thumb:

Sirjeepalot

Of course I would love to get a PR44 or the like and I'm still researching for something I can afford/justify.
As far as the stock plug welds, tubes spinning and tube diameter I agree.
What I don't agree on and the point of my post was: It might not be a great Idea to weld ANYTHING to a purpose built forging.
And I find it a little strange that you Wayalife would bark at me like you had sand in your pussy, I'm not telling you your an idiot, so no need to defend as such.
I've been looking around a little and have not found an real evidence of a bent C forging by anyone that is running 37's and not on a KOH race, so if you or anyone can pipe up some proof I'm all ears... And Ill keep looking.

Lil Nasty

Of course I would love to get a PR44 or the like and I'm still researching for something I can afford/justify.
What I don't agree on and the point of my post was: It might not be a great Idea to weld ANYTHING to a purpose built forging.
And I find it a little strange that you Wayalife would bark at me like you had sand in your pussy, I'm not telling you your an idiot, so no need to defend as such.
I've been looking around a little and have not found an real evidence of a bent C forging by anyone that is running 37's and not on a KOH race, so if you or anyone can pipe up some proof I'm all ears... And Ill keep looking.

Ever thought for a second he came at you the way he did because you came into our home and with your first post shared a "he said/she said" story about a product without introducing yourself first? I bet you walk up to strangers all the time and butt into their conversations telling them what they should be doing with thier lives.

and further more...Why would you choose the "spread the word" on this particular post? Your comments come out of left field.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Right, because just running what you have until you actually need or can afford to upgrade to a better axle is just such a dumb idea.

How nice, I'm touched that you would agree with anything that I might have to say :blush:

Right, because clearly, there have been so many end forging failures we've seen over the last 10 years due to gussets being welded onto them. :naw:

And I find it a little strange that you Wayalife would bark at me like you had sand in your pussy,

And I find it a little strange that you would think I was barking at you. Might want to something about that sand before you develop a rash :idontknow:

I'm not telling you your an idiot, so no need to defend as such.

Funny, I was eluding to the fact that you are but clearly, you know as much from your defensive tone ;)

I've been looking around and don't know of a single rig running 37's at KOH who is also running bone stock factory axles. I've also never seen an end forging with a gusset welded onto it that's failed because of it. Being that you're here to "spread the word", I'm kind of surprise that you haven't piled up some kind of proof outside of what you were sold on by a Dana "engineer". :naw:

Sirjeepalot

Ever thought for a second he came at you the way he did because you came into our home and with your first post shared a "he said/she said" story about a product without introducing yourself first? I bet you walk up to strangers all the time and butt into their conversations telling them what they should be doing with thier lives.

and further more...Why would you choose the "spread the word" on this particular post? Your comments come out of left field.

I don't Lil Wane, Sorry to break up YOUR Black Panther Party.
Friend.

Sirjeepalot

Right, because just running what you have until you actually need or can afford to upgrade to a better axle is just such a dumb idea.

How nice, I'm touched that you would agree with anything that I might have to say :blush:

Right, because clearly, there have been so many end forging failures we've seen over the last 10 years due to gussets being welded onto them. :naw:

And I find it a little strange that you would think I was barking at you. Might want to something about that sand before you develop a rash :idontknow:

Funny, I was eluding to the fact that you are but clearly, you know as much from your defensive tone ;)

I've been looking around and don't know of a single rig running 37's at KOH who is also running bone stock factory axles. I've also never seen an end forging with a gusset welded onto it that's failed because of it. Being that you're here to "spread the word", I'm kind of surprise that you haven't piled up some kind of proof outside of what you were sold on by a Dana "engineer". :naw:

Ahh... Making friends already.
;)

WJCO

Meme King
The Ultimate 44 isn't much different than an OEM 44 axle. But whatever, your money. I didn't know engineers were allowed to smoke crack on the job.

Top Bottom