Evo corner guards

ChiliDawg

I didn't like the look of them. They looked and felt cheap to me. I also didn't like that they didn't have backup lights or side markers, so at least side markers would have to be added to be legal where I live. Just my opinion though. Some people like them. I'm not one of them. I actually ordered the Trail Tail LED's within 24 hours of seeing the EVO's installed.

IMG_0349_zpsrf7qlg9w.jpg

What kind of top/windjammer combo are you running? I want something like that for my 2dr. And is that deck cover custom?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

KYRubi

What kind of top/windjammer combo are you running? I want something like that for my 2dr. And is that deck cover custom?

It's the Jeep Backbone with their rear windshield and the safari top section of a Bestop Trektop NX. Their safari top would work the same with it. It's my trail configuration. I really like that it secures my tools, recovery gear, and compressor. Less worries about theft, and about those heavy pieces of metal ending up front with me during off camber situations. If you want one, PM me and I'll send you a $100 discount code.

Bmans08jk

IMG_20170116_073520_032.jpg IMG_20170116_073508_165.jpg
Got the evo corner guards on this last weekend and I am really happy with them. Had to trim the to match my rock sliders. Other then that they went on good.

Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RebelconJk

View attachment 238994 View attachment 238995
Got the evo corner guards on this last weekend and I am really happy with them. Had to trim the to match my rock sliders. Other then that they went on good.

Nice! I'm working on some corners myself, i went with the Crawler Conceptz full corner with no flair. It's funny your jeep is the same color as mine, and we have the same wheels! :thumb: Looks good!

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Get rid of the wood working clamps and get some larger metal c clamps. Take a pic of where your concern is.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have some c clamps I will try, but here's what's happening. When I center up the gas hole and get the wheel well part lined up, the rear is no where near flush after sucking it down with a ratchet strap. IMG_2172.JPG

Edit: I will take some more photos that show what I'm talking about, this is all I have on me.

Ddays

Hooked
Does the evo light harness come with the resisters?

Yes and wired.

Only complaint with the EVO supplied resistors is that they get damn hot & burn the wires off. Then you end up with hyper-blinking turn signals.
I ordered replacements off of Amazon based on others posts here.
See post #248 on this page: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page25

If I was doing a new install I'd go ahead & replace these now when you already have everything on the workbench!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Only complaint with the EVO supplied resistors is that they get damn hot & burn the wires off. Then you end up with hyper-blinking turn signals.
I ordered replacements off of Amazon based on others posts here.
See post #248 on this page: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page25

If I was doing a new install I'd go ahead & replace these now when you already have everything on the workbench!

You are right on that. I pulled my light off messing with then and touched the resister and it was frickin too hot to touch.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have some c clamps I will try, but here's what's happening. When I center up the gas hole and get the wheel well part lined up, the rear is no where near flush after sucking it down with a ratchet strap. View attachment 239044

Edit: I will take some more photos that show what I'm talking about, this is all I have on me.

I also put a c-clamp in the tail light hole as well as from the bottom.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have some c clamps I will try, but here's what's happening. When I center up the gas hole and get the wheel well part lined up, the rear is no where near flush after sucking it down with a ratchet strap. View attachment 239044

Yo brother did you get those corners installed?!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Yo brother did you get those corners installed?!

Hey, thanks for asking. Not yet unfortunately... I did spend a little more time on them the other day with a little better luck.

cornerguards4.jpg
cornerguards2.jpg

Im not sure if there is supposed to be this much of a gap here

cornerguards1.jpg

cornerguards3.jpg

Im not sure how much tighter I can suck it it..

Attachments

• IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom