Wheeling with pregnant wife!?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Ok guys I have a plans to take a road trip from Missiouri to Colorodo Springs CO. We wanted to tackle Eagle Rock trail and Mount Baldey while we were out there. Heres the the catch my wife will be 5 months pregnant! She wants to go but not sure if hours of bumpy trails will be as enjoyable while pregnant. So has any one taken their pregnant wife wheeling and how did it go?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
We stuck to playing on fire roads and such. Plus by the time she was about 6-7 months she couldn't really get in the jeep anymore. You could always ask her doctor tho. I'd take that opinion over asking people on a jeep forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

The doctor is just gonna say don't jostle the baby too hard but other than that do what you want.

I took my wife when pregnant. She was miserable. Nauseated the whole time. Zero fun. If you do it, stick with something really really mild. Also keep elevation in mind. If you go from Missouri at low elevation to climbing the mountains here in Colorado at 10k-14k, it's really gonna be tough on her. Give yourself some time on the front end to aclimate.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Eezybreezy08

I took mine and she was around the same month. She got motion sickness real bad from it and pretty much had to spend the rest of the time at camp. Plus it was in August so she was hot. Good luck

Spazbyt

Hooked
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I imagined driving a few hours into the mountains just to have her hit the first 10 feet of the trail and be like "nope not happening!" Now I guess I need to pick a real nice hotel with a spa if I want to see any dirt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

In the recent wayalife fall mall crawl my pregnant wife to be sat out on the wheeling. In our eyes wheeling is kind of the same as all the things they tell you not to do while pregnant. Roller coasters, water slides ect.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Coilovers ride much better while out on the trail I hear. You should tell her you need them. For her.

WJCO

Meme King
My wife did fair. But she said every fricken rock made her want to pee more. We did a mild trail but I wouldn't think it would be something on the top of her list to do while being pregnant.

bholder817

My wife is a trooper! Currently pregnant but just in the first trimester! I think bouncing around probably not the best thing. But I am not a doctor! My wife did a easy trail the other day. 2nx17 up to arrowhead. No issue but it is pretty mild trail. She did do all the driving. It is her jeep so...

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
My wife was ok wheeling till right around 6 months. Everyone's different, so if she is a go getter and loves wheeling I say go for it. If she is a bit of a princess maybe the spa idea would be best.

Top Bottom