Getting daughter her first car

Hot94Z28

Looking to get my daughter her first car and was looking to get her a XJ, or WJ. I was aiming towards a XJ since the 4.0L is a really solid motor and was just wondering what years to stay away from, and mostly what issues I need to look for.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

I want to say you wanna avoid the pre-92 XJ models because it was before the High Output motor and I THINK (someone correct me) there were issues with the blocks cracking on year models up the second half of 91'.

I had a 91 MJ and a 00' XJ. Both served me well. That said, a WJ would probably be more comfortable for your daughter as they are more spacious and comfortable. My mom still drives one with close to 200k miles on it. It's had its maintenance issues but nothing crazy.

Hot94Z28

I want to say you wanna avoid the pre-92 XJ models because it was before the High Output motor and I THINK (someone correct me) there were issues with the blocks cracking on year models up the second half of 91'.

I had a 91 MJ and a 00' XJ. Both served me well. That said, a WJ would probably be more comfortable for your daughter as they are more spacious and comfortable. My mom still drives one with close to 200k miles on it. It's had its maintenance issues but nothing crazy.

Is the 4.7 a good motor? I found a WJ for a decent price with the 4.7?

WJCO

Meme King
The WJ is a very comfortable vehicle. The v8 has a lot of power. Don't really know of any issues with it, if it is maintained well. The 6 cylinder is a 4.0 which is a good motor as well. But the both get about the same mpg, so go for the v8. The engine area with the v8 is tight to work in, but that's about it. Any vehicle that old will require upkeep and maintenance. Both vehicles also have decent aftermarket support for modifications.

Hot94Z28

The WJ is a very comfortable vehicle. The v8 has a lot of power. Don't really know of any issues with it, if it is maintained well. The 6 cylinder is a 4.0 which is a good motor as well. But the both get about the same mpg, so go for the v8. The engine area with the v8 is tight to work in, but that's about it. Any vehicle that old will require upkeep and maintenance. Both vehicles also have decent aftermarket support for modifications.

I don't know if I want her to have a V8, I have heard nothing but good out about the 4.0L.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
WJ comes in either a 4.0 or a 4.7. Both get about the same fuel economy. Both are easy to work on as far as normal maintenance and repairs. I can personally tell you the quadradrive model is one of the best vehicles I have driven in the snow with good tires. WJ probably a bit better choice IMO. However, I would still drive a XJ.

Top Bottom