Pioneer Cabin Tree fell over

JKbrick

No, but according to the stories I read it wasn't doing all that great and with all of the rain & wind it just keeled over.
Surprising that it's lasted this long with so much of it cut away....

I think it was cut out in the late 1800s, I need to read the story, I better get my arse out west before I miss all the cool stuff

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

Heard about that this morning it sucks. With all the rain that we got and are still getting I'm sure more of them will go.

Ddays

Hooked
I watched a documentary on these trees a couple years ago and have been even more facinated with them than I was before I saw it. Amazing how each tree is basically it's own ecosystem.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I got to see that tree about 10 years ago...I was amazed at the time that it was still standing with that much taken out of it. Too bad it fell...my kids won't remember seeing it and now they can't see it again.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

sc_rhino

Just another reason to stop delaying and get out there and explore. Still lots of interesting things to see in our great country.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
That is a shame.

We tried to see these a few years ago but didn't get to the right area. It was a target of opportunity and we didn't have good directions when we decided on it while on the road.

Top Bottom