Cav's rear bumper build

TRLJNKY

Looks awesome man!! No lore strapping down that tire now!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thx Ben. I need to cam lock it or do something else to tighten the hinge point. The latch works awesome but theres a lil play. Also have LED back up lights that Ill have to cutout and flush mount into the bumper and wire in the LED license plate lights. I may have to relocate my antenna mount as well bit the major fab work is done. Ill hit you up over the next few days and swing by if your avail.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

benatc1

Hooked
Thx Ben. I need to cam lock it or do something else to tighten the hinge point. The latch works awesome but theres a lil play. Also have LED back up lights that Ill have to cutout and flush mount into the bumper and wire in the LED license plate lights. I may have to relocate my antenna mount as well bit the major fab work is done. Ill hit you up over the next few days and swing by if your avail.

Hit me up man, I should be around most of the weekend, maybe working late tomorrow but just let me know!

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone. I wish I could claim credit for the fabwork but that credit goes to my buddy. I just had the vision, bought the material, assisted,and was the finisher. All the welding and fab work is his. Im just going to owe him my first born and lots of beer when its all done lol. Anyone see any issues so far that may need to be addresses? Minus the shackle mounts and lights. Those are on the way. I just want to address any known (seen) hang points

Looks awesome! Just an idea. Maybe a plate on the bottom as a skid and bolt it to the rear cross member.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just found this thread. Looks like a real solid design. Those whom never made anything from scratch will never understand the amount of work that your bud and you have into this. Great job!

TRLJNKY

Man this thing is so cool wish I had the skills to tackle a project like this and make it look like that

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
No way I could pull this off on my own but thanks. My friend actually has the mad fab skills. I was the apprentice and had the basic this what Im looking for. It was cool to be a part of from start to finish though for sure watching it all take shape.
Looking good man!!!!! Turned out great!
Thank you! Hope to see you around again someday!
Damn, that came out really nice - great job :thumb:
Thanks Eddie! Have a couple lil flaws to work out still but pretty happy with the result. Thanks for the lil insight you shared as well!
Looks awesome! Just an idea. Maybe a plate on the bottom as a skid and bolt it to the rear cross member.

Thank you. I might look into that honestly. See if I drag at all. Put some skids on the corners but not really underneath. Did lift the tire a little to keep it up and allow for 37's maybe someday. Ive seen tires smacj rocks on the trails before so hopefully the offset will help with that.
Just found this thread. Looks like a real solid design. Those whom never made anything from scratch will never understand the amount of work that your bud and you have into this. Great job!
Yeah watching it transform from a sheet of 1/4" plate and a stick of square tubing to this was pretty amazing. Thank you.

TRLJNKY

That's killer man good job! It'll look good if you could put some rotopax in there or something similar! [emoji106]

Thanks. Yeah thats the plan. I was liking the idea of grabbing a couple of the locking roto mounts and adding on some brackets. That will be later down the road though.
That came out great man!
Thank you

Top Bottom