2017 Rubicon Hard Rock Edition Build of "Rocky"

jasonswenk

2017 Rubicon Hard Rock Edition Build of "Rocky"

So I decided to get back into Jeeps. My previous jeep was a 2012 JK Sport. I could not stand all my friends with Rubicon's hitting a button to lock or discount their sway bars so this time around I was going to start with the best.

This Rubicon is fully loaded. 4:10 gears, remote start, Nav, leather heated seats, steal bumpers and sliders, and so much more. Love this thing.

So here is everything I have done to date and I will keep this up to date with everything we do.

IMG_0325.JPG

First mod was the winch plate and winch. I love to wheel solo so this is a must have. I went with the Smitty Wireless.

I also wanted to modify the grill to look different from everyone else's, so I needed some teeth. Ha.

Also took off the end caps on the bumper.

IMG_0368.jpg

For the interior I needed to install something that would not allow my phone to fall out when the doors are off which has happened. Let me tell you that the phone won't make it :)

Also I wanted to be able to film easily and this was a the best thing I found.

IMG_0327.JPG

I also love weird stuff and needed a grenade as the shifter and a rock for the 4 wheel shifter.

IMG_0326.JPG

The other modifications I have done is taillight protectors for the trails, the stubby antenna so the trails don't catch my radio.

Lastly, I installed 1.5 spacers to bring the wheels out more. I got these more for the future, since I plan to put 35 or 37s on there.

Oh one more thing. I installed the Brand Motion backup camera that works with the factory radio. Not working right now and really needed it on the trails yesterday. Hope to get it working soon.

Way more to come and here are a few more pics.

IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Travv310

Nice looking Jeep. Question - what's different about a "Hard Rock" edition from a regular Rubicon?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The hard rock has red trail rated badges, sticker out line, tow hooks front and rear. Red locker and sway bar buttons. Steel front and rear bumpers that are able to be built up. Black wheels with red jeep silhouettes on them.Factory leather and every option except colormatched top and fenders and a block heater I believe all factory and the power dome hood.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice I love my 2016 hard rock although soon the only "Hard Rock" items left will probably be the red highlights and the beautiful hard rock hood.... BTW, I think the alpine speaker might also be a difference in the rubicon vs. rubicon hard rock but not sure...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

jasonswenk

So I have done so more stuff to Rocky. I just added an spod type harness that I got for just $150 and love it. Go to Facebook and find Water proof relay box and message the guy. Does great work.
IMG_0394.JPG

I also added a CB holder which works great for my plug and play CB. Installed the antenna to the tailgate.
IMG_0398.JPG

I also added LED lights in the cab and in the grill that I can adjust to any color which I love. I know, dorky but I love it.
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG

I also got all the switches wired up, and all I have to do now is wire up the other accessories and rock lights.

Lastly I did some work in the back where I got straps for my fishing poles as well as make a holder out of PC pipe that I painted.
IMG_0402.JPG

Here's my bag for the tailgate as well.
IMG_0399.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

I had colored ambient light in my Ford Edge. I love it. I got some lighting to put in the Jeep but havent wired them in yet. Where did you mount the lights, under the dash or under the seats.

Nice I love my 2016 hard rock although soon the only "Hard Rock" items left will probably be the red highlights and the beautiful hard rock hood.... BTW, I think the alpine speaker might also be a difference in the rubicon vs. rubicon hard rock but not sure...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can get the Alpine upgrade on non Hard Rock models as well.

Top Bottom