Wife's JKU Build

FredBMOC

Wife's Jk still in build phase:

Wife's Jk still in build phase:
Busy week at work but I managed to get some work done on the JK during the week:
I installed some knock off JW Speaker taillights and they look good. These are the ones by Xprite. I had a chance to compare them against the originals, they look identical but the LEDs are definitely dimmer on the knock off, At 1/6 the price I can live with the shortcoming.
I tried to install Grabars but the handles didn't line up well, I ended up sending them back and ordered another brand; a kind of Carolina Metal Master's copy in billet aluminum; hopefully those will install without issue.
During the week I also took the JK to make sure I didn't screw up anything during the lift install and with the other suspension work I did. No work was done by the shop as all parameters seem to be pretty good.

IMG_9049.JPG.jpg

FredBMOC

Saturday I decided to tackle the project of changing the interior.

I originally looked online at some replacement kits from Katskinz on eBay that were very reasonably priced but ultimately decided to spend a little more $ and get something a little more unique and that IMO looked better. I ended up buying on Black Friday special a replacement interior from leather seats.com. The kit is quite nice and gives the JK a more "luxurious" look ;-)

Result:
Daughter says I ruined the Jeep with that interior ;-(
Wife likes it especially since I put in seat heaters ;-)
Others will say I made it a total mall crawler. Don't really care..
I personally like the leather interior because it is very cleanable, much more so then the cloth and that is why I put it in; it is not a bad thing that I also think it looks better then the original cloth.
The install itself was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I started working on the interior around 1:00 PM and finished around 8:30 PM with stops for water, bathroom and dinner with the family.
Finger tips and knuckles are pretty sore from stretching the interior but overall I am pretty proud of myself, a non-mechanic for getting it done all by myself.

IMG_9011.JPG-1.jpg IMG_9012.JPG-1.jpg IMG_9015.JPG-1.jpg IMG_9017.JPG.jpg IMG_9020.JPG-1.jpg IMG_9023.JPG-1.jpg

FredBMOC

Lastly today, Sunday, I worked a couple of hours on trying to remedy a noise I was having from the windshield area that I thought was the result of rubbing between the Offroad heroes top and the windshield seal.
I ended up removing the entire top to lube the seal and by the time I was putting things back together, I figured I would see how the Cargo top portion of the Offroad heroes top would look installed.
Following are the pics of the finished product, what do you guys think?

IMG_9047.JPG.jpg IMG_9048.JPG.jpg

FredBMOC

Wife's JKU Build continues with LOD bumpers installed

I finally received the LOD Destroyer bumpers I ordered back in January; The wait was long but definitely worth it!
I installed the front bumper with bullbar and the rear bumper with tire carrier as well as additional backup lights, offroad lights, light switch pod in the driver's A pillar and some grabs handles.
Lod bumpers seem really well built, came well packaged and the install was not bad, even for a total newbie at wrenching, like me.
Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments.
IMG_9580.JPG.jpg IMG_9578.JPG.jpg IMG_9576.JPG.jpg IMG_9579.JPG.jpg IMG_9582.JPG.jpg IMG_9581.JPG.jpg IMG_9584.JPG.jpg

TaraW1111

This looks great!! I especially love the half doors, that really makes me want to track some down for mine! Keep up the great work on that!

FredBMOC

Yesterday the wife drove the Jeep a few hundred miles away to see her parents and go off-roading so I decided it would be a good idea to make sure everything in the suspension that I removed or replaced was still tight. I found the sway bar links needing a little tightening and one of the front LCAs pretty loose. I retightened everything I touched so I should be good for a while.
Question: how often do we need to check these things?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Yesterday the wife drove the Jeep a few hundred miles away to see her parents and go off-roading so I decided it would be a good idea to make sure everything in the suspension that I removed or replaced was still tight. I found the sway bar links needing a little tightening and one of the front LCAs pretty loose. I retightened everything I touched so I should be good for a while.

I myself try and do a bolt re-torque before or after every run.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I myself try and do a bolt re-torque before or after every run.

Some 243 Loctite might help with that?

IMG_4110.JPG

HoosierWolf

Really like the look of the build including the seats. You happen to recall the manufacturer of the seat heaters? I'm considering adding some myself.

Top Bottom